How long do you chase/follow up with a lead
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

How long do you chase/follow up with a lead

So i have been in this business since Oct 2005. I am about to close a $100k deal on a lead i got back in July 2007. We should close today or tomorrow.
    I have had offers out to him on 5-6 occasions and he never moved forward. I font know if it was bad salesmanship or if it was this guy just not wanting to pull the plug. I know he did not get funded elsewhere on those other occasions.

In my CRM history, i have 374 logged updates. This is by far the oldest lead I have ever followed up on.

Anyway, it obviously worked out, but the question is how long do you drip market or just follow up with someone? Most of my correspondence was via outbound phone calls. I find that emails rarely work.
    I put my contact info in here, and
    was bombarded with spam from funders
    if you need to reach me PM me

Karen37a

Smile

Last sales advice

you follow up until they Buy or Die

Most salespeople drop out after the 2nd or 3rd call...most sales are made on the 7th or 8th

The Key is not to stalk them and to get them to set an appointment with you in the future...or find out when they see themselves needing more money

The buyer is a liar, so you have to break thru their walls to get to the truth

__

Gl everyone ...charge forward

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    So i have been in this business since Oct 2005. I am about to close a $100k deal on a lead i got back in July 2007. We should close today or tomorrow.
    I have had offers out to him on 5-6 occasions and he never moved forward. I font know if it was bad salesmanship or if it was this guy just not wanting to pull the plug. I know he did not get funded elsewhere on those other occasions.

In my CRM history, i have 374 logged updates. This is by far the oldest lead I have ever followed up on.

Anyway, it obviously worked out, but the question is how long do you drip market or just follow up with someone? Most of my correspondence was via outbound phone calls. I find that emails rarely work.

Like Karen said, follow up until they buy or die.

Even though it has been a long time you've been following up with this merchant, this deal is further down the sales process than a new lead, so it always pays to keep consistently in front of deals that have not closed (yet).

You'll also want to create a specific follow up cadence for deals like these so you are moving them forward with every touch, but not overcommitting too much time you could be allocating to fresher deals.

When they are back on the hook, you must have a different approach to incentivize (positive and negative) to stay on the hook and this time follow through.

Great job!

-FundingStrategist

https://fundingstrat.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 57713

about to close? good luck, persistence alone goes a long way

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FundingStrategist View Post
    Like Karen said, follow up until they buy or die.

Even though it has been a long time you've been following up with this merchant, this deal is further down the sales process than a new lead, so it always pays to keep consistently in front of deals that have not closed (yet).

You'll also want to create a specific follow up cadence for deals like these so you are moving them forward with every touch, but not overcommitting too much time you could be allocating to fresher deals.

When they are back on the hook, you must have a different approach to incentivize (positive and negative) to stay on the hook and this time follow through.

Great job!

-FundingStrategist

https://fundingstrat.com
    I use drip email at differing intervals over 9 months. It's not the email itself that sells but it keeps you relevant in their minds when they come back up into rotation for a callback. Rinse repeat until they B or D!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dolla View Post
    about to close? good luck, persistence alone goes a long way
    yeah closed yesterday, SFS $100k at 1.33 12 month. 11 points.

just funded another one of their locations. $80k. So truly worth the 10 year chase.

Member Reputation points: 1183

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post

That's insane persistence , hats off!

Karen37a
    I agree. Good job

I had this pizza place once. I kept calling him he kept saying he was sending documents in the next day, id look no documents. Id call back he woud say that he was sending them..no docs. It was to the point of embarassment to call him back. so I call him...what the hell are you messing with me, people are calling you alll dam day so you just tell random brokers you want money? He said no I am sendign the docs in...no docs. I call back pissed ...now you have me stalking you this is the last phone call ..he said I am sending them...no docs.

1 year later the documents showed up..i called him " are you out of your mind" he said " i was opening up a second location and the lease and build out kept falling thru"

I learned to ask people more questions about "when do you want the money" after that