Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Banned Reputation points: 306

WARNING: This little ad trick blows the competiton out of the water.

If you've got a limited budget, you're probably pounding away at Craigslist advertising. How do you stand out amongst the crowd? How do you get seen?

I'm going to show you how. This is applicable to MCA, and anything else you sell.

Headline: WARNING: Don't [get a merchant loan] until you ask them these 7 questions...
    ----------------------------------------------------------

The people reading it will call up your competitors and start asking all sorts of difficult questions. Think about it, the merchant is going to call up your competitors, some of whom you'll list in the ad, and they'll feel empowered. Like "hell yea, I'm going to put the screws to them!" It's an endorphin release in and of itself.

So now the competition has reps on the phone who are having the screws put to them, stumbling, stuttering and muttering. Now that buyer WILL NEVER be a customer. You've just paid for some PPC, and other internet marketing, and in the same session, the merchant has found some Craigslist Ads to utilize the click you just paid for to your disadvantage.

Here are a couple of example questions;
    1. "How much is the interest rate?" In your Craigslist Ad you're training the merchant what to expect; 'Mr. Merchant they will divert that question, good luck getting a direct answer.'
    2. "Why does it take you so long to get back to merchants with an urgent need?" Most MCA companies take more than a half hour to get to a web lead because they don't have the basic systems in place to respond within a minute. Use your Craigslist ad to make them look like amateurs. (Provided YOUR response times are fast.)

You are setting the competition up to not be able to match or beat the buyers' expectations, and positioning yourself as the the "leader." What you do is list all the things that are important, and give all the reasons why they are.

This works on so many different levels. First the word WARNING is a stopper. Then "what, I'm being told, don't buy from an advertiser..?" is a pattern interrupt.

Then you are re-setting the buyer's criteria. Most buyers have vague ideas on what they should expect (except in this case, they want money), so you are clarifying it in their mind. There is also a specific reason the number "7" and seven questions are used / asked. Think about it.

They come to you as an ideal client as you have sorted and molded them to your will. You are in control of the buying process and will be able to get them through the funnel quickly. If you are active on Craigslist (multi accounts and such), you need a highly visual ad, with these trip up questions, to maximize the value that Craigslist offers.

Smarten up on those Craigslist Ads! Extract max value from making free posts and destroy your competition!

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Do business owners really go to craigslist to get a business loan? Sounds like a destination for the desperate. In between selling your old iPod and finding hot singles in your city, you can finance your expansion.

Banned Reputation points: 306

The likelihood that a qualified merchant is using Craigslist as his / her first destination source for money is minimal. Such a merchant probably won't qualify for an asprin. However, this works for those guys (merchants) who are posting; "I need money." I got a nice deal for a restaurant in Harlem this way...

Or... if a guy is up at 10 p.m., just put in online forms with companies A, B, C, and hops over to Craigslist Financial section to be entertained by the "scam of the day" and sees that... Then he's like "hmmm...."

Tons of guys advertise on Craigslist. I'm just saying, you have a better chance at getting that one deal per every two years if you're doing it right! :-)
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 02-20-2013 at 05:29 PM.