Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Karen37a

Empirical Evidence. Veto SB 1235

Many have argued that regulation will be a benefit to the Merchant Cash Advance industry but there is little to no empirical evidence of this.No studies have been done and even if it was true what would be the economic cost of this? Hastily vetted regulation causes a chain reaction of unintended consequences that most people cannot foresee in the future. Fair Regulation, Conquering financial Bubbles, sound investment strategies, and economies have been something that people have seeking out for generations. As such people believe that regulation is a cure to all of these things but it is the exact opposite of the truth.

Regulation caused a stranglehold on the free market. Unintended consequences will arise. increased costs and insurmountable debt caused by fewer profits( lower rate) and increased litigation( increased costs). If anyone was to analyze the profit models of some of the top companies you can see that after all operating costs are factored in people have negative equity or negative to the low-level profit model. Some companies in the past have gone as far as to hide their actual losses. They hanged the risk grade of paper to not expose this failing business model. ( lending clubs ex CEO was forced to resign over this). The banking industry collapsed over this thru tranches and CDOs

Adding additional Regulation costs with the addition of a cap on rates, with the current default ratios will make it impossible for investors to allow their money to go into a losing proposition.

While the regulation attempts have been made with the consumer and business owner in mind. A certain portion of business owners will go under bankrupt with or without a cash advance. People choose to close there business for something as simple as them not wanting to have the responsibility of operations anymore. Or they sell it for a profit or loss. Anyone can check the Small business associations studies or any other valid organization. What some call "predatory lending" to disadvantage borrowers with low-grade profiles and low ability to repay ( with or without interest or costs). Is hope and opportunity to me.

Companies are giving money to people who have a very high chance of default. Regulation will cut out the possibility for the people in these categories to receive funding for their business.

There is a reason the banks turn them down for loans.

The # 1 reason why Loans and cash advance should not be automated thru black box underwriting, computer-generated algorithms is they are basing the data on the past performance of the business. Credit score, bank statements etc

Past performance is not indicative of future results.

People are taking cash advances because of Cash flow issues that may or may not be solved with a loan or cash advance. Just because the algorithms are suitable at this moment to get a cash advance or loan. You do not know what that business has in store for them in the future and you most certainly do not know what the merchants intent is ( to sell it, close it, change the menu, fire the chef, go to Vegas, get divorced from the wife who cheated , take on a mistress, a road or overpass is planned in construction so the exit to the restaurant or gas station will be passed by..no more traffic etc etc etc etc )

There is a difference between unsecured loans/ advances/bank loans/ venture capital/ hedge funds etc. People seem to never understand unless their personal money is involved.

__

Before they are celebrating SB 1235 it still needs to be signed by the Governor. They have until the end of the month. Below is a template, an email postcard, phone numbers etc to say no to it.

Stand up and do something, ask to Veto it, send it to calif merchants clients, business that you know other isos. Merchant Cash Advance brokers are some of the strongest sales people I have ever met

You Bled with Wallace, Now Bleed with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eclbaC3q94k

Karen37a
    You can use this as a templete

September 25th, 2018

The Honorable Edmund G. Brown Jr.
    Governor, State of California
    Sacramento, CA 95815
    Via email: leg.unit@gov.ca.gov

RE: Please Veto SB 1235 because it will cause irreparable harm and cause more confusion rather than transparency

Dear Governor Brown,

We respectfully urge you to Veto SB 1235 [Description of you or your organization, e.g." I am in the business of helping merchants get much-needed capital when they are denied from tradtional soruces like the bank" “XYZ is…, I ” If you like, can add why your organization, in particular, cares about transparency standards but recognize this isnt the solution]

In response to widespread calls for small business financing, this bill as constructed would not help with transparency standards, it will add to the confusion.SB 1235 would make numerous changes to the lending landscape the most important one being that lending or funding to California Small to mid-size business can become a criminal offence with additional litigation costs and risks. This additional risk and cost cannot be taken on by most Lenders and Funders because opportunistic litigators and Debt Relief will envelop the industry to take advantage of this legal loophole to help out unethical consumers from paying back borrowed money. These are non-secured and that adds more risk. If the Funders and Lenders have to use a standardized credit card or loan metric; this metric adds to confusion to borrowers because it does not represent accurately the cost of finance on Lending or funding vehicles that use factoring and a daily method of accrual for accounting and billing.

The California legislature has taken the lead on Regulation by passing SB 1235 in an effort to protect California’s small businesses and economy, but passing this will have negative consequences in regards to the economy. Lenders and Funders cannot allow the consumers or merchants to sign an illegal contract, or classify Cash advances or Factoring as Loans. Numerous cases have been won in court that based the decision on the language of the contract; If it resembles a loan it is considered a loan, therefore usurious in nature.

SB 1235 does not create any limits on what kind of financing can be provided. But it requires finance companies to disclose the true costs of that financing. The bill provides the Department of Business Oversight the flexibility to set disclosure standards based on an open regulatory comment process that includes all stakeholders. If the DBO has not finalized the regulations and until that happens this bill or law must respectively be tabled or vetoed.

SB 1235 would not correct the so-called advantage of financing companies, and the difficulty small businesses face today in comparing their options. Small to mid-size business have additional problems and business loans are not personal loans. For this reason and many more banks have chosen not to lend to the majority of Small to mid-size hard working American businesses who are the backbone of this country. Merchant cash advance companies have stepped in to help fill the gap in spite of the increased risks and costs associated with struggling business and huge default ratios. Holding Merchant cash advance companies to the same standards as banks will not empower California small business it will cause a mass exodus of Funding companies who cannot legally or fiscally lend into that landscape. Just like the banks, only the top tier of merchants will have access to much-needed Business Capital and success

On behalf of California’s small business owners, please Veto this bill

Sincerely,
    [Signature]

__

California Residents Action Alert Veto Bill.jpg
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-25-2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: check for typos

Karen37a
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Ym9zokSZo

Sons of Scotland, I am William Wallace…

William Wallace is 7’ tall….

Yes, I’ve heard, kills men by the hundreds, and if he were here he would consume the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his ass. I am William Wallace, and I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny. You’ve come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?

…against that? No, we will run, and we will live…

Aye, fight and you may die, run and you’ll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they’ll never take our FREEDOM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Admin,

Can we please get an updated Karen post count? I believe you are trailing YouTube at this point.....
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    Admin,

Can we please get an updated Karen post count? I believe you are trailing YouTube at this point.....
    9000 Sorry you have an opposing viewpoint, they sign or do not sign...today

You can ignore me kevin if you like

Karen,

It is hard to decide how to approach the proposed legislation when the information give is in the form of a YouTube video based on a movie from a decade ago. Less is more...

Karen37a
    Karen,

It is hard to decide how to approach the proposed legislation when the information give is in the form of a YouTube video based on a movie from a decade ago. Less is more...
    And since I owned business and recruited over 10000 people in the past made money while having a lot of fun, I disagree.

I guess that's why I am an independent contractor

And if less is more I shouldn't have had to heard "dui" for 3 years and karen never had a stockbrokers licence

Senior Member Reputation points: 18667 jdlaw's Avatar

I thought more was more. I've had less and I've had more. More is better.

Sorry, went off on a tangent
    You either win or you learn. The only failure is in quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    And since I owned business and recruited over 10000 people in the past made money while having a lot of fun, I disagree.

I guess that's why I am an independent contractor

And if less is more I shouldn't have had to heard "dui" for 3 years and karen never had a stockbrokers licence
    We know....We know..... Is there a YouTube video about it?

Karen37a
    We know....We know..... Is there a YouTube video about it?
    Regulation, if passed with the illegal contracts will be challenged on a federal level and it's not coming out of Calif

People should be happy that I made an attempt at blocking something ( while being attacked and slandered) that would have got a majority of people charged with criminal usury and Rico / racketeering

So the result will be coming up shortly

Regulation, if passed with the illegal contracts will be challenged on a federal level and it's not coming out of Calif

People should be happy that I made an attempt at blocking something ( while being attacked and slandered) that would have got a majority of people charged with criminal usury and Rico / racketeering

So the result will be coming up shortly
    We know.... We know.... Regardless of the vote and outcome....some will never change and disappear.

Karen37a
    We know.... We know.... Regardless of the vote and outcome....some will never change and disappear.

Yes I will not change ...I do not let people walk into traps so greedy arse people harm strangers while pretending to be ethical

I guess thats why I have low defaults and my merchants love me and my funders like me too

and the brokers who get paid

I do believe it is slightly "devil like" to set people up to get charged with Rico and usury to knock the competition out
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-28-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18667 jdlaw's Avatar

I think the best solution is for California to just secede from the Union.

Basically they have, they just haven't formalized it yet.1 ca secede.jpg
    You either win or you learn. The only failure is in quitting.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Regulation caused a stranglehold on the free market.
    I’d like to inform Karen that the free market is surviving just fine with regulation.

karen, rather than rants about regulation in general, why don’t you address the actual legislation proposed. It’s weird that you chose to use strawmen when there is actual language available. Let us know what language in the legislation you object to.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    karen, rather than rants about regulation in general, why don’t you address the actual legislation proposed. It’s weird that you chose to use strawmen when there is actual language available. Let us know what language in the legislation you object to.
    There are no YouTube videos available to explain her objections.

Karen37a
    its a bit of a strawman for you to ask me now

and I have been objecting for 3 years already if they do it a certain way

and I find i offensive that some people who have 1/8th of the knowledge that I have chat with me about these things as if they know whats going on.

I tollerated it...untill you are trying to get us all in trouble...they may not know whats happening but I do

its a bit of a strawman for you to ask me now

and I have been objecting for 3 years already if they do it a certain way

and I find i offensive that some people who have 1/8th of the knowledge that I have chat with me about these things as if they know whats going on.

I tollerated it...untill you are trying to get us all in trouble...they may not know whats happening but I do
    What exact language, in this legislation, do you object to?

Karen37a
    What exact language, in this legislation, do you object to?
    too late ...it has to be vetoed period the end

too late ...it has to be vetoed period the end
    Why? Please explain why this language must be vetoed?

Additionally, there is a 0% chance of Jerry Brown vetoing this to protect MCA companies. I mean, come on.

Karen37a
    Why? Please explain why this language must be vetoed?

Additionally, there is a 0% chance of Jerry Brown vetoing this to protect MCA companies. I mean, come on.
    Some have been on an agenda and do not think that I do not know that they were doing it,,,in fact, you told me it and bozo wonderboy said "ha ha ha we can make more money" to me
    Let's see...its end of month

People can call...and I have deals to close

after the results we can all chat...mca brokers should call ...say Veto
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-28-2018 at 01:40 PM.

You guys have been on an agenda and do not think I know that you were doing it,,,in fact, you told me it and bozo wonderboy said "ha ha ha we can make more money to me"
    You named this thread “empirical evidence” and then provide no empirical evidence, nor do you address the actual legislation you demand be vetoed.

Karen37a
    You named this thread “empirical evidence” and then provide no empirical evidence, nor do you address the actual legislation you demand be vetoed.
    too late to discuss ...go read massive word salad posts over 3 years

And I can promise you I am not usually wrong

they need to Veto and talk about it after

Senior Member Reputation points: 57713

factor rate is the most simple and easiest rate to calculate, you think merchants are all of a sudden going to balk because there is an outrageous APR on the paperwork?

loan me has merchants paying 169% real APR every single day

having some time to think about it today tho, i wonder how the estimated APR could **** some merchants who then want a true up on their receivables... you agreed to the APR SOL idk

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dolla View Post
    factor rate is the most simple and easiest rate to calculate, you think merchants are all of a sudden going to balk because there is an outrageous APR on the paperwork?

loan me has merchants paying 169% real APR every single day

having some time to think about it today tho, i wonder how the estimated APR could **** some merchants who then want a true up on their receivables... you agreed to the APR SOL idk
    its not an Apr for the 1000000 th time

if it resembles a loan then it is a loan and you are committing criminal usury and they will default on you