Ram capital funding: I caught them backdooring!!!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Member Reputation points: 7855 Richard Gomez's Avatar

Ram capital funding: I caught them backdooring!!!

So I submit the file to these characters last Friday morning, I get an offer for 25k from them via email, now prior to me sending them the file or any other lender I specifically instruct all Merchants to notify me asap if they receive any calls for funding: Write down the name of the individual/firm/#. So the Merchant couldn't understand the name of the firm but he gives me two #'s which are 718.301.0265 & 516.592.3079. I call up the 718 & the young kid was very evasive however he told me that he had funds ready for me but couldn't answer my question as to how he completed the Underwriting process for my file if I did not send him the paperwork directly, he did tell me that he was out of Brooklyn, hmm. Now the 516 # was a slam dunk in what I was trying to achieve: Hear the name of a firm that I had submitted to that were in the act of "backdooring" me. I call up & ask a couple questions, another young kid which sounded as if he was in the same room with the first one told me he had two offers for me, 25k & 20k, well look at that. I asked him why not just give me 45k in one contract do he told me he couldn't but one of his "business partners" was advancing me the other 20k. I then asked about fees, he told me it would be 5%, I stated that was fine as I was "accustomed to paying 10%", how did renewals work, once I paid down 40% I would be able to get more capital, he was eating up all my responses, so now came time for the KO punch. Nonchalantly I asked him the contract would be coming from which company, he told me he would send the first one from his company, I asked him the name of the firm now a 2nd time, he paused for about 5 seconds then in a spineless, thief of the night type of voice he said "Capital Funding out in Manhattan." I then said "you mean RAM Capital Funding correct?" He said yes, I then went on to say "you must feel proud of yourself doing this every day right!" "You magically have my bank statements & some other firms application but you aren't working with the ISO/Broker, instead you are going directly to the Merchant!" I could hear him gasp for air, stumbling for words he said "are you the broker on this deal", then clicked me. No more of my files to these thieves! Now I had heard that this firm was owned by John Braun of Richmond Capital Group, another place I had an idea of backdooring but I don't categorize firms or people, I usually give everyone a shot unless it's the obvious that you are evil. Thinking back, about three weeks ago I was going to be in NYC to see funders face to face, you all know who you are that I went to see in the NY/NJ area, when I asked Jack aka "Steve Reich", he told me he couldn't meet me all week, so I told him let's meet up the following week, he declined as well, that brought up a red flag, he didn't want me to see his face or see me eye to eye I presume, I should have caught it then...
    Point of the story everyone, continue building relationships with the lenders you truly feel comfortable with & stay away from RAM CAPITAL FUNDING!
    Gómez Capital Funding
    Richard Gómez~Director of Funding
    12555 Biscayne Blvd
    North Miami, FL 33181
    917.600.5647 Mobile
    305.320.7125 Office
    305.513.5735 Fax
    Richard@gomezcapitalfunding.com
    www.gomezcapitalfunding.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Yikes

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

well this seems pretty cut and dry
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Thank you for coming here with more than speculation.

Ram is notorious for backdooring.

Senior Member Reputation points: 15507

What's the point of these threads? We all know who Ram is, for the good or for the bad, what are you gaining by bashing them? If they stole from you simply don't send them deals.
    Every funding house was accused of backdooring on this forum. It's not something that stands out at all. Sometimes the Funder actually backdoored, and sometimes there's more to the story. But if a funder steals your deals don't send them business. Isn't that the easiest way to prevent backdooring?
    High risk paper

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightAdvance View Post
    What's the point of these threads? We all know who Ram is, for the good or for the bad, what are you gaining by bashing them? If they stole from you simply don't send them deals.
    Since when is a broker warning other brokers a bad thing? Only people upset by this are funders with something to worry about.

But if a funder steals your deals don't send them business. Isn't that the easiest way to prevent backdooring?
    The easiest way to prevent backdooring is to keep quiet and don't say anything? Your logic is so ****ing stupid.

What I'm saying is, it's like the boy who cried wolf. If not for EVERY FUNDER IN THIS BUSINESS being accused of backdooring, these claims would be worth something, but since there's no exception to these accusations, how do you know who to believe? Like yesterday when IUO was accused of stealing.. did you believe that?
    High risk paper

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Every funding house was accused of backdooring on this forum. It's not something that stands out at all. Sometimes the Funder actually backdoored, and sometimes there's more to the story. But if a funder steals your deals don't send them business. Isn't that the easiest way to prevent backdooring?
    you really are a selfish moron

Senior Member Reputation points: 8424

What I'm saying is, it's like the boy who cried wolf. If not for EVERY FUNDER IN THIS BUSINESS being accused of backdooring, these claims would be worth something, but since there's no exception to these accusations, how do you know who to believe? Like yesterday when IUO was accused of stealing.. did you believe that?
    This is like the wolf telling the chickens to shut up while he devours them.... And its not every funder thats being accused of backdooring, its usually Ram and midnight....

Member Reputation points: 7855 Richard Gomez's Avatar

What a joke of a comment that is Midnight. So they guy try's to rob me, I catch him red handed & I am going to stay quiet, not me buddy. Most of you don't know me personally but I was not raised that way, nor did I grow up in NYC to be some type of punk. There is no lying on my end, WHATSOEVER. The reason I posted this is to help my fellow ISO/Brokers that actually work in this industry full-time as myself, just as I respect/appreciate when other ISO/Brokers disclose info on other Backdooring Shenanigans so I know who to tread lightly with. Now if they or you don't believe me I am not worried about that, I will always speak well of a Funder if he deserves it rightly or disclose what happened to me that was negative. So he tried that backdooring nonsense with me & got caught out there, next file with the next lender. In regards to the first call I now recall he said "Hop on Capital or Hop Capital", we are know who is connected with Hop as well. To each his own...
    Gómez Capital Funding
    Richard Gómez~Director of Funding
    12555 Biscayne Blvd
    North Miami, FL 33181
    917.600.5647 Mobile
    305.320.7125 Office
    305.513.5735 Fax
    Richard@gomezcapitalfunding.com
    www.gomezcapitalfunding.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

But if a funder steals your deals don't send them business.
    That is the whole point of the OP you putz. Cons defending Cons is a definitive tell of guilt. But you can't help yourselves can you?
    Last edited by HDF; 07-25-2018 at 10:46 AM.

I'm not defending him. I just know how it feels to be accused of stealing, when the story is a lie. Like the one Karen posted here (that we backdoored a deal to Orange, and Orange sent it to LG. In fact we did not send anything to Orange, and Orange never sent anything to LG) or the story about how we didn't pick up the phones during the Passover holiday.
    Last edited by MidnightAdvance; 07-25-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    High risk paper

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Quote Originally Posted by midnightadvance View Post
    i'm not defending him. I just know how it feels to be caught stealing.
    ftfy

by putting it on the forum it tells other people to not send them business. Whats the point of having the forum if we dont use it to help each other stay away from the bad actors in the industry
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    by putting it on the forum it tells other people to not send them business. Whats the point of having the forum if we dont use it to help each other stay away from the bad actors in the industry
    John, every funder in this business was put on the forum at one point or another.
    High risk paper

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    ftfy
    Hey, we never sent the deal to Orange, and Orange never sent it to LG. Neither do we ever send anything to Orange, neither does Orange ever send to LG.
    High risk paper

John, every funder in this business was put on the forum at one point or another.
    I dont think thats true and when someone puts something up that is BS they are called on it this isnt BS this is true
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 9546

Hey, we never sent the deal to Orange, and Orange never sent it to LG. Neither do we ever send anything to Orange, neither does Orange ever send to LG.
    Except you used to work out of the same office lol

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceFund View Post
    Except you used to work out of the same office lol
    Ok, so what? There are 5 separate MCA companies out of our building. If you know orange you know they don't send out deals to LG. Neither do they fund defaults. The story was a lie.
    High risk paper

Karen37a
    Richard this is where we cut your tie !

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightadvance View Post
    i'm not defending him. I just know how it feels to be accused of stealing, when the story is a lie. Like the one karen posted here (that we backdoored a deal to orange, and orange sent it to lg. In fact we did not send anything to orange, and orange never sent anything to lg) or the story about how we didn't pick up the phones during the passover holiday.

stop bringing me up...you are giving yourself bad press.

CUT THE BS ALREADY

If i dont matter stop mentioning me...my word means nothing right? Wrong

Now all new people get to see what you said

Karen37a
    Ok, so what? There are 5 separate MCA companies out of our building. If you know orange you know they don't send out deals to LG. Neither do they fund defaults. The story was a lie.
    Trust me I know who you are and who you are associated to, and do business with. You all think we are stupid

Stop mentioning me...you just add more fuel to the fire...you don't see me running all over like chicken little "midnight did this" after the initil encounter; you are doing to yourself

not smart

If the file never leaves the building it’s technically not backdooring. It’s either nextdoorsing, downstairsing, across-the-hallsing, upstairsing, etc.