2m offer and fired the same day!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Reputation points: 930 USATopISO's Avatar

I've been working very hard trying to learn the business for the last 2 1/2 months. Anyway, I get a customer on the phone doing about 70M a year. We get an offer for him for almost 2M and I get fired the same day over nothing. The application was also put in someone else's name. Can anyone please give me advice on what I can do from here. Thank you.

Member Reputation points: 7855 Richard Gomez's Avatar

What was the term for the 2mm, A, B, C paper offer, whatever it was I am able to do better with the lenders I deal with, call me this morning: 917.600.5647
    Gómez Capital Funding
    Richard Gómez~Director of Funding
    12555 Biscayne Blvd
    North Miami, FL 33181
    917.600.5647 Mobile
    305.320.7125 Office
    305.513.5735 Fax
    Richard@gomezcapitalfunding.com
    www.gomezcapitalfunding.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 86884

Quote Originally Posted by USATopISO View Post
    I've been working very hard trying to learn the business for the last 2 1/2 months. Anyway, I get a customer on the phone doing about 70M a year. We get an offer for him for almost 2M and I get fired the same day over nothing. The application was also put in someone else's name. Can anyone please give me advice on what I can do from here. Thank you.
    you got F%%$. Why were you fired? Were you a w2 or 1099. Look at what you signed when you came onboard. it prob has a clause that they can let you go for any reason. If they fed you the lead and you take that deal somewhere else, they can come after you for tort. I have heard the stories of shops hiring recent college grads and giving them 90 days to hit quotas and than fire them and bring on the new crew.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50201

Close the deal man!

Cashman1 is right. Take what belongs to you. If you want help I will work with you but I will also endorse Mr Gomez as a good partner for this, he is aggressive and will help you win the deal. Do you have your merchant's cell phone number? Call them now and steer the deal back to where it belongs. If it's too late get a lawyer. No matter what, you should fight. If you lie down now, you will be haunted by this for the rest of your life. Get those bastards.

--
    Charlie Stewart | ISO Lead
    Consolidations and High Risk

T(929)376-8857

F (212) 624-0210

E cstewart@pgfundinggroup.com
    www.PGFundingGroup.com

40 Wall St
    New York, NY 10005

Karen37a
    To have a 2 mil deal in Cash advance is very rare and hard to close. Those types of deals usually have to have some type of collateral on them or they have to be syndicated between multiple partners ( larger ones). The obvious reason being. If it defaults, it takes the originating company under. Even if a company is large enough to take this loss it is most likely they never will ...if they are smart.

In regards to 1099. Were you 1099 to one company taking a draw?

Ps, they do not have to fire you to take your deal. They could backdoor you licky split, say the competition got it, first to close, changed their mind...all sorts of things.

If they wanted the deal from you they didn't have to fire you. The client would just never speak to you again and avoid your phone calls or tell you they went with someone else.

Something is wrong with this story.

If you are real. Go to Mr Gomez and go fast,( he has experience from wall st) every moment that goes by is one step closer to funding and any hope of commission share to you going bye bye.

Message me if you are not comfortable with anyone or anything... do not use me as the last resort, i won't help.

Senior Member Reputation points: 49940

I know it's a ****ty situation, but that lead belongs to the company that gave it to you to call. Whichever funder gave you the 2m offer is going to honor it for the company you used to work for and not you. Move on and don't get yourself sued for tortuous interference.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@yellowstone View Post
    I know it's a ****ty situation, but that lead belongs to the company that gave it to you to call. Whichever funder gave you the 2m offer is going to honor it for the company you used to work for and not you. Move on and don't get yourself sued for tortuous interference.
    This is true but just like backdooring is going on above people, it is most certainly going on below people.

Noone would be able to ever tell where the deal went to if someone with experience got on the file....they could have randomly landed on it...first to close

( I do not want backdoored deals if its that leave me out... I have the yellow pages im going to hit them anyway)

Karen37a
    I still think there isnt a 2 million dollar deal in play ( psst...and if there was its like you yelled it across the sales floor, they can see this).. I could be wrong
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-08-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Do I have any legal recourse?

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

What does your contract say?
    BTW, we're not lawyers.

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

Keep in mind a soft 2M offer is a long way from funded

Karen37a
    Legal recourse on what?

I think a top lawyer will be posting soon, to waste their time, help screen names for free...just wait they might show up any second now

(smh...sarcasm )

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    Legal recourse on what?

I think a top lawyer will be posting soon, to waste their time, help screen names for free...just wait they might show up any second now

(smh...sarcasm )
    I've been reading the thread and applying a rare moment of introspection. Between Anthony and Karen's comments I've been thinking that maybe you would be best served by getting a new job and moving on. I've been in a lawsuit and it's expensive and a pain in the neck. It makes me sad to say it but I think that is your best bet now that I've considered the counsel of wiser minds.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Everyone gets ****ed af some point. Everyone.

Don’t bother wasting your time trying to sue: you aren’t going to win. That lead wasn’t yours. Granted, you may have felt that you earned something by getting the app in, but if it wasn’t in your name, forget about it.

One last thing: you said you were fired over nothing. So many people that get fired feel it was undeserved. I’m sure you feel that way. But I wonder what the other side thinks.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Everyone gets ****ed af some point. Everyone.

Don’t bother wasting your time trying to sue: you aren’t going to win. That lead wasn’t yours. Granted, you may have felt that you earned something by getting the app in, but if it wasn’t in your name, forget about it.

One last thing: you said you were fired over nothing. So many people that get fired feel it was undeserved. I’m sure you feel that way. But I wonder what the other side thinks.

Not only was the lead most likely not theirs...and when you turn it over the Funder /Iso owns it depending on the contract and stage of the deal. The contracts and Isos agreements broker agreements are "at will" you can be terminated at will = for any reason whatsoever.
    And even if you were a w/2 Employee some states are "at will" ...again they can terminate for any reason whatsoever.

NY and Florida are "at will" states

This is also why if you could ever find someone who was nice to you, fair to you...dont screw them over. Welcome to Cash Advance and Financial Services

Almost all Financial Services is structured the same( sales)...just some regulated which makes you captive to the Iso or Funder.

Captive = exclusive....you are 1099 to one entity

Unless you made it way up the ladder and can avoid the "captive" agreement because you can demonstrate compliance skills and liquidity like I did when I was master-general agent to Aig non-captive .2 others and loan licenced to 5 loan companies and securities simultaneously
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-08-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 11375

Volume cures everything. Keep hustling.

Karen37a
    yes, one of my favourite scenes from a movie...going to do the scorpion and the frog next?

Guess I was right

Freeeeeedommmmm
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-08-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Yeah except I'm a scorpion with a life preserver

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

I just got this from one of the lawyers I've worked with in the past. If you're in California, you probably have some recourse. If not, maybe you can still sue? You probably weren't a real 1099.

California Court Makes Independent Contractor Status More Difficult to Establish

The Supreme Court of California has adopted a new restrictive test making it significantly more difficult for companies to classify California workers as independent contractors. Under the new test, all California workers are assumed to be employees, and a worker may not be classified as an independent contractor unless a company can demonstrate that:
    (i) the worker is free from the control and direction of the company,
    (ii) the work performed by the worker is “outside the usual course” of the company’s business, and
    (iii) the worker is clearly engaged in an independently established business for him/herself, with the work being performed for the company as part of that business.
    In light of the new criteria, companies that currently have California workers classified as independent contractors should carefully evaluate whether such workers meet the new legal standards.

(Dynamex Operations West, Inc. v. Superior Court)

Karen37a
    Yeah except I'm a scorpion with a life preserver
    ya think?

too bad you are swimming with sharks and not with frogs.

These sharks don't like brokers who default purposefully they are not stupid

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    I just got this from one of the lawyers I've worked with in the past. If you're in California, you probably have some recourse. If not, maybe you can still sue? You probably weren't a real 1099.

California Court Makes Independent Contractor Status More Difficult to Establish

The Supreme Court of California has adopted a new restrictive test making it significantly more difficult for companies to classify California workers as independent contractors. Under the new test, all California workers are assumed to be employees, and a worker may not be classified as an independent contractor unless a company can demonstrate that:
    (i) the worker is free from the control and direction of the company,
    (ii) the work performed by the worker is “outside the usual course” of the company’s business, and
    (iii) the worker is clearly engaged in an independently established business for him/herself, with the work being performed for the company as part of that business.
    In light of the new criteria, companies that currently have California workers classified as independent contractors should carefully evaluate whether such workers meet the new legal standards.

(Dynamex Operations West, Inc. v. Superior Court)

Can you please stop helping people who are theives, moles, debt relief and losers

Karen37a
    And Calif is the most regulated state with wacky rules...if they had it their way ...everyone will get loans and not have to pay them back and sit around a campfire singing kumbaya my lord , saving the whales, buring the flag while cursing out President Trump