any idea of factor rate from big players for this merchant?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

any idea of factor rate from big players for this merchant?

We have a merchant who needs $150k-$200k. We don't have any experience in brokering and would like to take this opportunity to build our first relationship with one of big players in the market (Ondeck, RapidAdvance, Can Capital, Fora, or BFS). What factor rate I can expect for this merchant?

1) Industry: Restaurant (3 locations in So.Cal)
    2) Annual sales (2017): $6 million (combined)
    3) Credit Score: 683 (when we pulled in Jan.2018)
    4) Bank statement (past 3 months): avg. balance $10,000, 2 NSF in past 3 months
    5) Position: 1st - Wells Fargo (Balance: $120k), and we are currently in 2nd (Balance: $17k; 6 weekly payments left - $2906.25); never defaulted
    6) 100% owned by one individual

We have them $75k at 1.24 (total payback: $93k) for 32 weeks, and 6 payments are left.

Will it be possible that we can get close to what we have with this merchant and have 5-6% commission built in? I think we already gave them a good rate earlier this year and have no room for commission at this rate.

Merchant is ok to payoff our balance early if they would secure $200k. I know there are A LOT of funders who can take this merchant, but I'm more wanting to see options from big players where we can open and establish our first very good ISO relationship.

Any idea/comments would be very appreciated.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightpoint View Post
    We have a merchant who needs $150k-$200k. We don't have any experience in brokering and would like to take this opportunity to build our first relationship with one of big players in the market (Ondeck, RapidAdvance, Can Capital, Fora, or BFS). What factor rate I can expect for this merchant?

5) Position: 1st - Wells Fargo (Balance: $120k), and we are currently in 2nd (Balance: $17k; 6 weekly payments left - $2906.25); never defaulted

We have them $75k at 1.24 (total payback: $93k) for 32 weeks, and 6 payments are left.

Will it be possible that we can get close to what we have with this merchant and have 5-6% commission built in? I think we already gave them a good rate earlier this year and have no room for commission at this rate.

Merchant is ok to payoff our balance early if they would secure $200k. I know there are A LOT of funders who can take this merchant, but I'm more wanting to see options from big players where we can open and establish our first very good ISO relationship.

Establishing your first "very good" iso relationship isnt just based on rate

My first sugesstion to you is to try to figure out what a "good" relationship means to you.

The Rate and term *****s are all out of business, try to find my steak analogies from 3 years ago...me warning them about paying a bit more for good steak, peace of mind low defaults and renewals.

you will find some great debates...people egging on fools. It has been interesting to say the least
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-26-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brightpoint View Post

any of those banks you mentioned would probably be able to get you the numbers you need on that. Can Cap is the only one I really cant speak to because I dont work with them but with 6 mill annual sales getting them 350k+. Keeping it to 200k allows you to do a shorter deal which will bring down the buyrate. I think you can get what you need at any of those companies.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 3706

We can help you on this deal and on all your deals. Would love to have you sign up with us.
    Paul Boxer
    Merchant Marketplace

Chief Operating Officer
    Chief Revenue Officer

Cell: (516) 805-9209
    paul@merchantmarketplace.com
    www.merchantmarketplace.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 86884

why won't the current company you used that has an existing balance with customer just renew them?

Senior Member Reputation points: 203054

ONdeck Online checkout all day.

Senior Member Reputation points: 38639 patrickw's Avatar

OnDeck
    Patrick Wilson
    Managing Partner
    www.PremierCapitalNetwork.com

(NO MORE LENDER/FUNDER CALL PLZ)