Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New to cash advance

Hi I’m a new salesman in this business does anyone have any advice ?

Senior Member Reputation points: 19024

Get out while you can.

Seriously? I was told I can make a lot of money ?

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

advice number 1 do not listen to the haters , most of us are making a lot of money .
    next make sure you know what you are doing or go to work for someone instead of trying on your own

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Quote Originally Posted by Showmethemoney View Post
    Sure....good luck! Here are some pointers......

-Fill your toolbox with many financing options that you can provide for prospects. Understand their business and pick the most appropriate tool to help them with their needs and/or accomplish goals.
    -Pick a few industries you know very well to target prospects. Having knowledge in an industry and how to finance companies within an industry can be extremely helpful.
    -If you are very green, pick a partner to work with that can guide you through the above reference points.
    -Network-Get out locally and network with referral sources and attend industry related functions.
    -Most important! Offer people a solution for their problems/needs-don't try to just sell them money.

Best,

Kevin
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 38639 patrickw's Avatar

I would suggest you to work with an ISO/Broker. Understand the whole process and later start funding you own deals. I'm new as well to the industry. It's been around 10 months, starting wasn't great but now funding 600K-1mil every month.
    Patrick Wilson
    Managing Partner
    www.PremierCapitalNetwork.com

(NO MORE LENDER/FUNDER CALL PLZ)

Senior Member Reputation points: 3706

Have you signed up with us yet and experienced our excellent service? I would love the opportunity to fund your deals!
    Paul Boxer
    Merchant Marketplace

Chief Operating Officer
    Chief Revenue Officer

Cell: (516) 805-9209
    paul@merchantmarketplace.com
    www.merchantmarketplace.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Work your butt off, learn as much as you can and stay positive. Good luck!
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Senior Member Reputation points: 54975

Don't overspend on leads just yet... Call off hours 20-30 small business owners and leave a voice message with little info -- say Hi on voice-message is this rosy's florist ? can someone call me back tomorrow at XXX-XXX-XXX i would like to ask a question ... if you leave that message to 50 business owners the next day your phone should be receiving incoming calls (no chasing down people) get ready for 45 No's but you can get a few good leads...try to call smaller businesses that the owner himself or small crew calls back. don't call restaurants -- it works with specific businesses

Of course work with Cresthill for all your B-C-D paper.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    ——————————————————————————
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Karen37a
    The best advice is, if you do not have any experience join an iso...do not sign on direct to the funders.

Learn how to makes sales and market with the help of an experienced mentor, it isn't as easy as it looks.

Senior Member Reputation points: 38639 patrickw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Don't overspend on leads just yet... Call off hours 20-30 small business owners and leave a voice message with little info -- say Hi on voice-message is this rosy's florist ? can someone call me back tomorrow at XXX-XXX-XXX i would like to ask a question ... if you leave that message to 50 business owners the next day your phone should be receiving incoming calls (no chasing down people) get ready for 45 No's but you can get a few good leads...try to call smaller businesses that the owner himself or small crew calls back. don't call restaurants -- it works with specific businesses

Of course work with Cresthill for all your B-C-D paper.
    Hey that's a good piece of advise.
    Patrick Wilson
    Managing Partner
    www.PremierCapitalNetwork.com

(NO MORE LENDER/FUNDER CALL PLZ)

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    The best advice is, if you do not have any experience join an iso...do not sign on direct to the funders.

Learn how to makes sales and market with the help of an experienced mentor, it isn't as easy as it looks.
    I fully agree with karen here. I saw a post on LinkedIn recently of someone who was fired from his job for not producing, went to work for the right people and did like 100k of pr in his first month.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickw View Post
    the ISO's that i shared it with that follow boot camp style day in day out swear it works! you can also get creative by saying today i am calling a town in Colorado with a population of fifty thousand and before you read a little about history so you can connect with merchant they also tend to be nicer on the phone vs rushing you off!!

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickw View Post
    Voicemails DO NOT WORK...if it did everyone would be rich

Karen37a
    the ISO's that i shared it with that follow boot camp style day in day out swear it works! you can also get creative by saying today i am calling a town in Colorado with a population of fifty thousand and before you read a little about history so you can connect with merchant they also tend to be nicer on the phone vs rushing you off!!
    Voicemails do not work ( they worked better in the past). they get 10000000 calls and day and dont even listen to them.

Why would they choose one vm over the other ...inflection in the vocie? tonality?

You must break thru to the gatekeep and go live ...30 seconds to capture their attention to talk for 30 more seconds to pre qualify for info and make them like you
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-23-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    I fully agree with karen here. I saw a post on LinkedIn recently of someone who was fired from his job for not producing, went to work for the right people and did like 100k of pr in his first month.
    You just have to get used to taking on the phone and have a reason...something they want to talk to you about

Not the standard your file came across my desks or hi I am calling to see if you are in need of working capital?

Can you imagine getting 20-30 of these a day with mca brokers with different accents ...some more aggressive than others?

You have to lead them thru consultative selling...be nice ( that's different) and not just throw out industry jargon terms "vertical"" box" " algorithms"

put yourself in their shoes...how would you want to be treated...what would you want to know, can you trust the person.

You have to gain trust...#1 thing to do....emails /VMS do not gain trust. ..SEO doesn't gain trust that's why certain funders are bashing brokers calling us boiler room

he is clueless

Senior Member Reputation points: 30475 Zach's Avatar

Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 2893

Voicemails do not work ( they worked better in the past). they get 10000000 calls and day and dont even listen to them.

Why would they choose one vm over the other ...inflection in the vocie? tonality?

You must break thru to the gatekeep and go live ...30 seconds to capture their attention to talk for 30 more seconds to pre qualify for info and make them like you
    And if you do get them to call back after leaving a vague voicemail they usually get very standoffish because they feel like they were tricked into calling (even if you didn't say anything shady or dishonest).

I'll repeat what everyone said about joining a good ISO. If you haven't already, look around, speak to a few people and dive in when you feel you've found the right place/people to work with & learn from. Find a couple of mentors, put your ego in check, mix it up(with lead sources/business generation), make sure you are getting paid industry standard and be prepared for some ups & downs your first 2-3 months. Once you get past that you should be fine.

KAREN YOUR WRONG ! are you telling me when you call a florist In Scottsdale Arizona and leave a voice message and say hi is this Sarah's florist? please call karen at xxx-xxx-xxxx they are not going to call back thinking your calling about perhaps a wedding job ? I would bet you 8 out of 10 florists are calling you back!! i agree zero will call back if you do it the way tyou may have been doing it saying HI this is Karen from ABC FUNDING AND WILL LIKE TO OFFER YOUR BUSINESS A CASH ADVANCE.. than your correct it wont work!

NOW GUYS GET READY FOR SERIOUS DAMAGE TO KARENS KEYBOARD...SIT BACK (AFTER YOU BRING SOME POPCORN TO YOUR DESK)! ENTERTAINMENT ON ME GUYS!

Banned Reputation points: 179851

I get tons of deals off voicemail drops.

I used to never leave voicemails. Then when you use a predictive dialer you have the voicemail drop as a feature and the people calling back were insane, the phone kept ringing. I've been doing it ever since.

In Fact 950,000 Deal just Funded - Source.... Call Back from VM
    Last edited by ryan $; 05-24-2018 at 12:27 PM.

thanks to all

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    I get tons of deals off voicemail drops.

I used to never leave voicemails. Then when you use a predictive dialer you have the voicemail drop as a feature and the people calling back were insane, the phone kept ringing. I've been doing it ever since.

In Fact 950,000 Deal just Funded - Source.... Call Back from VM
    thanks everyone

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by JSL23 View Post
    And if you do get them to call back after leaving a vague voicemail they usually get very standoffish because they feel like they were tricked into calling (even if you didn't say anything shady or dishonest).

I'll repeat what everyone said about joining a good ISO. If you haven't already, look around, speak to a few people and dive in when you feel you've found the right place/people to work with & learn from. Find a couple of mentors, put your ego in check, mix it up(with lead sources/business generation), make sure you are getting paid industry standard and be prepared for some ups & downs your first 2-3 months. Once you get past that you should be fine.
    I agree

Karen37a
    I am not going to debate a voicemail drop...people who continue to do business after that entry into the phone call have a high propensity to be small time stacked or taking the last cash advance for the road

You cant get to larger clients doing vm drops...just some smaller self employed...micro deals

Its best to make an attempt to get them on the phone...after 3-5 phone calls then leave a message

Do what you want...everyone has their style and the market they are looking for
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-24-2018 at 04:07 PM.

I am not going to debate a voicemail drop...people who continue to do business after that entry into the phone call have a high propensity to be small time stacked or taking the last cash advance for the road

You cant get to larger clients doing vm drops...just some smaller self employed...micro deals

Do what you want...everyone has their style and the market they are looking for
    well i know a few industries that do 200K a month that VM's do generate a return call pretty fast in fact ...anyone who signs up today i will give them the industries or who send me a n email requesting them

Karen37a
    well i know a few industries that do 200K a month that VM's do generate a return call pretty fast in fact ...anyone who signs up today i will give them the industries
    People pay for leads ...you want shot gun like that do it.

I am going to make an attempt to get them on the phone live...then leave a message

3-5 phone calls then leave the ambiguous message ( i dont leave that message coming from a regulated background...it would be illegal)

I can promise you that curiosity killed the cat...they pick up on the 3-5th call
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-24-2018 at 04:12 PM.