Broker Fair
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Broker Fair

I have to say it was nice to catch up with the people I already knew and put faces to the names I had not met before.. Also want to say Great Job to Sean and his whole team on putting the event together, and now back to the phones
    Last edited by J.Celifarco; 05-15-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Agreed. Hopefully, it's the first of many Broker Fairs to come.

Hats off to Sean and his team!!

Robert S Bloink
    EVP
    Direct: 248-341-9477
    Email: bb@cooperasset.com
    Web: www.cooperasset.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

yes it was very nice meeting everyone . great job sean

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Ditto!
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Beautiful new Hotel as well from the pictures I saw online.

Big room ...holds 250? people...other conference rooms looked beautiful as well,, smaller more personal

Great job ...Out of curiosity what was the ratio of Funders /White labels to isos or brokers?

It must have been interesting putting a face to names and seeing who you are really talking to and doing business with.

Senior Member Reputation points: 38639 patrickw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    Beautiful new Hotel as well from the pictures I saw online.

Big room ...holds 250? people...other conference rooms looked beautiful as well,, smaller more personal

Great job ...Out of curiosity what was the ratio of Funders /White labels to isos or brokers?

It must have been interesting putting a face to names and seeing who you are really talking to and doing business with.
    Can you send me the link, wanna see some pictures lol :P
    Patrick Wilson
    Managing Partner
    www.PremierCapitalNetwork.com

(NO MORE LENDER/FUNDER CALL PLZ)

I would guess that the breakdown was 50% funders/5% white labelers/30% brokers/15% other industries (software, collections, legal, lead vendors, curious onlookers)
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 05-15-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Senior Member Reputation points: 86884

too busy closing deals to attend, but, looks like debanked did a great job creating and hosting this event for the mca space. curious to know what the broker association being formed is all about. it looks like it's being created alongside the former NAMAA association, but for brokers. the selection process should be interesting.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    too busy closing deals to attend, but, looks like debanked did a great job creating and hosting this event for the mca space. curious to know what the broker association being formed is all about. it looks like it's being created alongside the former NAMAA association, but for brokers. the selection process should be interesting.
    I did not hear about the brokers association, I do not know what the purpose would be, but with the history of backdooring, poaching etc in this industry, it would be hard pressed for Isos who built a team to wander into an association with their team, names of brokers.

I personally do not trust 80% of the people I talk with,,, brokers/merchants/funders/lenders....kept me alive my whole life because people can surprise you...for good and for bad

https://debanked.com/2018/05/sbfa-la...roker-council/

this is the general outline of what it is. whether a business owner care's about the membership or not is TBD. It appears to have an influence from the SBFA to form it

$475-$950 a month for membership??
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    https://debanked.com/2018/05/sbfa-la...roker-council/

this is the general outline of what it is. whether a business owner care's about the membership or not is TBD. It appears to have an influence from the SBFA to form it
    Ill reserve my opinion on it until I have more info.

Some Business owners would take money from the devil himself if he was giving it....getting people to give you money for investments requires more credibility, and as we all know...some were working out of chop shops and still got the job done

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    $475-$950 a month for membership??
    if this is true that's funny...i thought it would be free lol

...let me not laugh yet..lets see what you get with the membership

you get a set of steak knives and a monthly membership to the jelly club.

Karen37a
    you get a set of steak knives and a monthly membership to the jelly club.
    lol

Karen37a
    Please stop pushing the sell it like serhan in our faces. lol

The broker fair was great, looked like fun

You get the serhan guy in his duck outfit against me in a sales contest for the month...id whip the floor with him.

He would be hung up on left and right id fund 1 million dollars personally and walk away laughing

Karen37a
    There are many many many many talented brokers. The MCA industry has some of the toughest competition...best funders/underwriters/inside reps/isos/brokers

If someone wanted to compete in sales on a worldwide level and I had to pick people from the Df /brokers/isos to be on my team...I do not think you would get a team "worldwide" that could beat us in sales.The problems are not with iso/brokers not being able to bring applications in, the problems are the backdooring, etc etc etc

#1 problem. People trying to insert themselves into the relationships to be an intermediary and avoid the direct contact on the front end of the call...everyone wants to be on the back after all the docs come in,and everyone wants to be seen as a sales guru so they can have documents sent to them.or be in a "management" "ownership" position...and they try to figure out elaborate schemes to accomplish this...automated applications and files in. It will never happen

the industry needed it's own trade show. factoring has one, commercial loan brokers have one, etc - mca never did. maybe in time it will bring positive results to the industry.

Karen37a
    the industry needed it's own trade show. factoring has one, commercial loan brokers have one, etc - mca never did. maybe in time it will bring positive results to the industry.
    Financial Services companies have had trade shows for decades. And there are wholesalers who show up from a particular company to "market" themselves to the brokers/ firms, have them sign on.

These shows are designed from a brokers perspective. There are many many different levels of "brokers/firms". Some get so Large they have their own "conventions"...just for them and the wholesalers they are going to invite. They come bearing gifts ...rubber balls, leather-bound notebooks ( with the other companies name on them)

Last big convention from my friend's investment firm, one of the partners elderly mother got drunk and danced on top of a bar of a 5-star hotel and I got blamed for it because I was sup[posed to be watching her..instead I was cheering her on.

I gave conventions for years or weekend retreats and have attended many. People like Anthony Robbins show up.

Its hard to have these "fairs" and have isos with teams want to attend because, in essence, we have brokers who submit deals thru us and deal with backdooring and poaching on a daily basis. Don't know if this can be conquered.

Karen37a
    I know what would work...to bring $$$ into the industry. Ill discuss it with some if they want to hear it.

There's already a ton of money in the industry. Anyone can put money out. The trick is getting it back!
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    There's already a ton of money in the industry. Anyone can put money out. The trick is getting it back!
    Not as much as you would think...we are a blip on the radar...competiton now from PayPal etc etc etc.

mcn you lose money let me know Ill get it back, I flip out lol. I turn into collections from hell.

Karen37a
    Mcn the problem is half the brokers do not care if something defaults because it isn't their money. They call you ever 15 seconds to see if something funds, then call ever hour to see when they are getting paid...nowhere to be seen if the person starts slow paying etc. Yet they want top commission. And low low low rates.

They have been trained to think they can create an LLC and submit deals Direct to the Funders so to hell with everything.

Then they submit deals direct and wa llaaa...defaults

The worst part is some white labels or inside reps contacting some of these fools...and they think they are enticing them with 2-3 more points on a deal. They never realized that when the iso said NO are not funding that, and they didn't want to listen...that's the deals they were receiving.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-16-2018 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typos..add*

Senior Member Reputation points: 3706

Ditto and well said. Great event and so nice meeting everyone. Looking forward to the next DeBnaked event.
    Paul Boxer
    Merchant Marketplace

Chief Operating Officer
    Chief Revenue Officer

Cell: (516) 805-9209
    paul@merchantmarketplace.com
    www.merchantmarketplace.com