Noob wondering
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Cool Noob wondering

Greetings all, I'm new to MCA funding (3 months) and hopeful I can benefit from the experience of the fine folks on this board!

For now I'm prospecting healthcare professionals (doctors, dentists, etc) in Florida attempting to develop relationships with local clients. I've been looking at UCC lists (targeted to the market I want) since the metadata lists I already have are ice cold; it's too time intensive to call general numbers hoping to find MCA compatible prospects.

Does anyone have experience with either UCC lists or lead generation software? Grateful for any guidance y'all can offer!

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Welcome aboard! It's good that you're targeting one industry instead of trying to become a jack of all trades. Are you primarily cold calling by phone or are you planning to do face to face prospecting? Do you offer any other service or product besides MCA?
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

Rob Buchanan is probably the longest in our space he can help steer you in the right direction .......

You should also look into signing up with Cresthill Capital....

Infogroup
    1020 E 1st ST
    Papillion, NE 68046
    800-303-6176
    rob.buchanan@infogroup.com
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 10087

Quote Originally Posted by capaxess View Post
    Greetings all, I'm new to MCA funding (3 months) and hopeful I can benefit from the experience of the fine folks on this board!

For now I'm prospecting healthcare professionals (doctors, dentists, etc) in Florida attempting to develop relationships with local clients. I've been looking at UCC lists (targeted to the market I want) since the metadata lists I already have are ice cold; it's too time intensive to call general numbers hoping to find MCA compatible prospects.

Does anyone have experience with either UCC lists or lead generation software? Grateful for any guidance y'all can offer!
    Welcome to the industry. My name is Trey and I am with a business finance dedicated CRM software company called Centrex Software. We are one of the premier CRM platforms in the sector serving brokers, syndicators and funders. I figured I would introduce myself if you are in need of a great platform to manage your new business. Give us a look and let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.centrexsoftware.com/merc...h-advance-crm/

888-622-5810 ex 101

Cheers

Trey

Karen37a
    Welcome to Mca !

And in west Florida too. I am in St Pete near the Raymond James Financial Buildings and Franklin Templeton.

If you ever wanted limited advice you could pm me. Cant give away all the secret secrets on the board.

Nope, just MCA for now. I have set up ISO agreements with a few funding companies that offer other products but it helps me for now to focus on one area and try to get something done there first before I spread out.

I'd be very grateful for any guidance from Rob! I'll reach out today after my calls.

Nope, just MCA for now. I have set up ISO agreements with a few funding companies that offer other products but it helps me for now to focus on one area and try to get something done there first before I spread out.
    If you're just cold calling fresh healthcare practitioners and offering MCA as your lead-in product, then you'll have to be willing to make hundreds of calls to find one or two prospects. For one thing, you'll almost never reach the actual Doctor or Dentist to make your initial pitch. You'll quickly find that this is a brutal way to find clients.

Then again who knows? You might actually turn out to be good at it!

My suggestion is to lead in with a different product that will create value for the Doctor's practice and solve an existing pain point. If you can convey this properly to the gatekeeper/office manager then you might be able to get through to the decision maker.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 02-28-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

jotucker1983

My advice would be to find an offline mentor or even in this case (even though I hate it in general but in some cases it could "make sense") to start out as a co-broker while you learn the industry. You could co-broker in this case for someone who also is functioning as a mentor, to give you the industry overview along with help build a budget to begin generating in-house leads.

Word of caution, cold calling out of the Yellow Pages for anything in relation to Merchant Services (MCA, Merchant Accounts, etc.) is a bad strategy. You will make more money working at Burger King than following that strategy.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    My advice would be to find an offline mentor or even in this case (even though I hate it in general but in some cases it could "make sense") to start out as a co-broker while you learn the industry. You could co-broker in this case for someone who also is functioning as a mentor, to give you the industry overview along with help build a budget to begin generating in-house leads.

Word of caution, cold calling out of the Yellow Pages for anything in relation to Merchant Services (MCA, Merchant Accounts, etc.) is a bad strategy. You will make more money working at Burger King than following that strategy.

Ok I win

he changed his opinion on co brokering because of my arguing

gezzus

playing Rocky tune...da da da da da da da da da da da

Karen37a
    Now the next step is most experienced brokers or Isos do not want to help people because there is such a huge learning curve...you get massive bad paper and when they finally get a good sale will go around you to cut you out of 2-3 %

Welcome to the top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEnIkz82A0

Rocky theme

What huge learning curve? We're not selling space ships. You can get a seasoned salesman from Best Buy to close cash advances within 48 hours with some basic training.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    What huge learning curve? We're not selling space ships. You can get a seasoned salesman from Best Buy to close cash advances within 48 hours with some basic training.
    ah huh

Thats why all these funders/brokers/isos went under. Any way . thats that

jotucker1983

I agree with this. I believe the industry is completely exposed to the point where a guy can honestly teach himself the industry using all of the available resources.

But, if he's going to use an offline mentor, that mentor is most likely not going to do it for "free". So starting as a co-broker for 1 to 2 months could be beneficial if he's getting coaching, excellent industry overviews, along with assistance on how to structure his office and raise capital for marketing purposes. If the mentor is going to do all of that, fine. If the mentor is just going to recite some "sales book crap" or "law of attraction crap" then don't bother.

But with that being said, I can't stand co-brokering. Co-brokering in 98% of the cases makes absolutely no sense.

Karen37a
    And also why people are single man shops with no team

or Funders with 5 people in a room

think what you will...you made it to the top of one building in a middle class neigorbohhod "sales idea"

now get to the upscale building ...make it to the top

then hit the immuniati building, when you can see tether moving into bitcoin in advance ...see you there

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    ah huh

They went under because: Client Acquisition Cost > Operating Expenses

It had nothing to do with a learning curve!
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    They went under because: Client Acquisition Cost > Operating Expenses

It had nothing to do with a learning curve!

Thats not understanding business ...etc

Guess they should have had the free uccs like I did to start , then the 2 / 3 cent ones and the refurbished computers I had and now gave away

They Learned the hard way huh?

Karen37a
    You know how many brokers I had to talk down from spending 50k on marketing?

Knowing that they would make 5-10 sales split with me and I would have 0 put into the marketing? then they would be bankrupted?

I had enough ..live by the motto

"if its free its for me" at first...sweat equity

Karen37a
    Flyers , postcards , billboards , trade shows etc etc etc

All ZERO cost to me.

All because they want to avoid the phone.

What the heck do you think some rookie isos are? Some guy who is going to put 50k into marketing and send of 5 deals one funded

Some crazy woman opened up shop near me...lost 1 million and funded 10 deals in a year. Doing business with some of the guys on these boards.

i told her she should have just given me the 1 million...i would have returneed it plus 20% while her concieted self sat by the pool with her poodle and fanned herself.

I have some of her staff now...thanks for the training $$
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-28-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    ah huh

stop already why the fck must you turn every thread into oh look how great I am I win. Stop or go troll somewhere else. its exhausting someone asked a legitimate question this is not about you. just stop
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

i am not one for blocking people on an open forum but damn it may be time
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    i am not one for blocking people on an open forum but damn it may be time
    Block me ..its easy..hit ignore

It is not just ME...many brokers are doing it, have done it.( I cant speak for others financial privacy issues...so i have to say I)

keep the costs down...follow a pattern, don't let your ego get the best of your

end of the conversation on this thread for me

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Jesus, Karen.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    stop already why the fck must you turn every thread into oh look how great I am I win. Stop or go troll somewhere else. its exhausting someone asked a legitimate question this is not about you. just stop
    Yes, just block her John C. She honestly feeds on people responding to her because her sole purpose is attention and trolling. How the Admin of this website does not see this woman as a clear troll, is beyond me. But I digress.

troll.jpg

Between Karen constantly telling everyone how great of a sales person she is and John explaining to everyone why sales skills have nothing to do with with selling this product, I have a migraine! I mean how do you people even have the time to constantly post some much nonsense on here?!

Years ago when I started in this industry, the forum was actually quite helpful. Now it has gotten to the point that one freaking day can't go by without you two bickering back and forth. I think for everyone's sanity, every member of this forum will agree that:

- Karen you are the greatest sales person to walk this earth, we are all in awe of your skills!

- John, you are absolutely correct. There is no skill required to sell this product, we are all just glorified consultants and order takers handling the paperwork our merchants.

Now can we move on with life????????