Is this possible
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Is this possible

A merchant has a gas station 600k monthly rev 300k from the store and 300k from the gas. He defaulted and paid off the judgment with Everest. The judgment is NOT showing up on his credit but will show up if the background is ran. No open positions and the banking is healthly. We have the full package on the merchant. Is the deal even possible?

Senior Member Reputation points: 50566 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wallerbusiness View Post
    A merchant has a gas station 600k monthly rev 300k from the store and 300k from the gas. He defaulted and paid off the judgment with Everest. The judgment is NOT showing up on his credit but will show up if the background is ran. No open positions and the banking is healthly. We have the full package on the merchant. Is the deal even possible?
    Your best bet is to do what you're doing and just communicate with your funders the situation. If the story behind the judgment makes sense, someone will give a "rehabilitation funding" offer at the very least... meaning 10-20k, 1.499 paying 6% or so @ 30-40 days.

then you just tell him he needs to build the relationship and he will renew in a month.

P.M. me if you want me to look at it... also find out if the gasoline supplier has control over the credit cards and pays the gas bill with credit card processing then deposits the rest - that's usually how they work, unless he has a different arrangement.
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 203054

ive seen much worse get funded so there is definitely lenders that will risk it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 15507

We can do something small and short, like Anthony said.
    High risk paper

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightAdvance View Post
    We can do something small and short, like Anthony said.
    Small and short. Is that what you want to be known for?

Senior Member Reputation points: 15507

No, but in this case I don't believe any funder would do a big and long term deal. We are willing to take the risk on something small and short un til payment history is re-established.
    High risk paper

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

It was a joke. Whoosh!

Senior Member Reputation points: 81657

Quote Originally Posted by wallerbusiness View Post
    How much is the merchant seeking?
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Aquila

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

My 13 years in MCA tell me once the default they usually default again sooner or later....(I would love to get an update in 15 weeks ...so i can have have a more open mind on this matter)....
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    My 13 years in MCA tell me once the default they usually default again sooner or later....(I would love to get an update in 15 weeks ...so i can have have a more open mind on this matter)....
    What I have seen from the merchants ( and they do not see me as the enemy because I am not the funder so sometimes they tell me the truth )

Is most defaults will default again because they have a fk them attitude ...some who were forced into default or slow paid "might" not default again( like a client bounced a check on them to send them into the red )...100% of the fk them will default again....50%-75% of the slow pays depending on why.

I ditch the fk them ones right off the get go and run...they are saying they are going to default in advance

Senior Member Reputation points: 50566 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    i have seen previously defaulted merchants pay off, or renew and become long-term clients.

like i said, it comes down to the nature of the default.

i had a guy who sent a lender to corporate turnaround and honestly didnt realize what he was getting into because they're scumbags and lied to him, he's been a client of mine for over a year.
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter