Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Broker fair 2018

Any seasoned brokers going?Is it worth spending money to have all the lenders/funders that call you all today ,harass you to your face?Call me shortsighted but the funders i do real business with have always flown to visit me or paid for a lunch,trip or the such.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

i was thinking about that . but what is most important to me is will there be kosher food .

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    i was thinking about that . but what is most important to me is will there be kosher food .
    Kosher Style

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    Is it worth spending money to have all the lenders/funders that call you all today ,harass you to your face?
    That's funny as hell.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    There will indeed be kosher food there

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

We've all been to conferences... I think the Broker Fair is going to be a bit different. The educational blocks can give insight and networking will be a little more than your "cheesy" handshakes and boasting. As long as everyone calms their "egos" down a lot can come out of this event
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Veteran Reputation points: 157541 J.Celifarco's Avatar

I will be there.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    There will indeed be kosher food there
    thanks sean good to know

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    We've all been to conferences... I think the Broker Fair is going to be a bit different. The educational blocks can give insight and networking will be a little more than your "cheesy" handshakes and boasting. As long as everyone calms their "egos" down a lot can come out of this event

No one would have to "throw" their ego around if we didn't have people like that biz coach guy claiming they could teach us how to run a business all the time

What should come out of the event is good networking, not people trying to insert their way into the top with out doing any work.

( the hard part, bringing the client to the table ** or venture capital $$)

Do you think its ok or fair to people who have busted their arss working, getting clients in via the phone or face to face or seo? ..creating real marketing campaigns that work; to have to hear people who never did it before tell them how valuable they can be to them?

it gets annoying after awhile. uJust look at that last guy's post...on and on and on the next person is going to step up to "help" you at the last second and take the commission for it.

I think those people need to check their egos and realize they are either a secretary or processor
    Last edited by Karen37a; 11-16-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    No one would have to "throw" their ego around if we didn't have people like that biz coach guy claiming they could teach us how to run a business all the time

What should come out of the event is good networking, not people trying to insert their way into the top with out doing any work.

( the hard part, bringing the client to the table )

Do you think its ok or fair to people who have busted their arss working, getting clients in via the phone or face to face or seo? ..creating real marketing campaigns that work; to have to hear people who never did it before tell them how valuable they can be to them?

it gets annoying after awhile. uJust look at that last guy's post...on and on and on the next person is going to step up to "help" you at the last second and take the commission for it.

I think those people need to check their egos and realize they are either a secretary or processor
    Agreed.
    Do you find that networking is needed for those of us in business over 5 years?Are you going?

Karen37a
    I do not find that networking is needed at this point for most.

For me it would have just be a team party ...go to some events then dancing, make friends

Karen37a
    one last thing.

I always think that when you go to a seminar or event...you leave with one golden nugget of knowledge.

so I think id learn something....and I may go

Plus its like a vit b shot...it revs you up to make more sales
    Last edited by Karen37a; 11-16-2017 at 03:57 PM. Reason: edit add

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    Any seasoned brokers going?Is it worth spending money to have all the lenders/funders that call you all today ,harass you to your face?Call me shortsighted but the funders i do real business with have always flown to visit me or paid for a lunch,trip or the such.

Ricky,

part of the reason you feel this way is the reason some of us "independent contractors" feel that way and stay away from certain events and people.

We pay for everything, leads "rent", CRM etc etc . And when you come face to face with an employee of a Financial company who doesn't have a true sales background, he acts like he is doing you a favor talking to you and you are thinking "dude I can take my business anywhere and i make more money than you"

When they do that to you just walk away. Its Employee mentality vs sales mentality. Or take a swipe and laugh then walk away like I do.

They will never change their thinking

Member Reputation points: 2130

Elizabeth, why does it take multiply posts in a row to say one thing. It would be nice for activity feed not to be cluttered up "Karen37a" replying to one thread with 3 separate posts back to back to back.

Karen37a
    Not sure .

You had mentioned to someone once you could collect money for them like "vito"

pm me your number and maybe we can figure it out

maybe you can do some collections for me as well.

** there is also an ignore feature
    Last edited by Karen37a; 11-16-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

I will likely attend the event and be in town for a few days to set up meetings around the event.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley