Hurricane Irma
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Karen37a

Hurricane Irma

A Catagory 4/5 Hurricane is heading towards Florida, we do not know where it will hit exactly or what speed ( east coast, west coast, miami..or all of it.)

Everyone be safe. If they say evacuate, evacuate. Last time we had a hurricane party, but this is much stronger we are surrounded by water in my area so we will be under.

If anyone needs me ill be at West coasts house ** jk

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

There is talk of Irma squeezing in between Floria and Cuba into the Gulf....then possibly strengthening to a previously unheard of category 6.

Remember, both Katrina and Harvey hit land at Cat 4. Haven't seen a cat 5 since Andrew in 92

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    There is talk of Irma squeezing in between Floria and Cuba into the Gulf....then possibly strengthening to a previously unheard of category 6.

Remember, both Katrina and Harvey hit land at Cat 4. Haven't seen a cat 5 since Andrew in 92
    Draining a few inches from the pool
    Putting away the lanai furniture
    Putting away the grill and the big green egg
    Closing all the shutters

Then locking down my In-Laws and my Brother's place.

Hopefully all for nothing!
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 23085

Yea its crazy in the local stores here, all water and supplies are sold out since last weekend. Amazon is not delivering water until AFTER the hurricane. So far its building every few hours so it could be just as bad or worse then Andrew.

Andrew was 175mph, Irma is at 185 currently and building.....we are battening down the hatches and praying for the best.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Quote Originally Posted by FCF Fund View Post
    Yea its crazy in the local stores here, all water and supplies are sold out since last weekend. Amazon is not delivering water until AFTER the hurricane. So far its building every few hours so it could be just as bad or worse then Andrew.

Andrew was 175mph, Irma is at 185 currently and building.....we are battening down the hatches and praying for the best.
    Seems like all the bodegas and gas stations still have water. I bought a few gallons this morning. Filling up the tubs in 3 of the bathrooms....Using the washer as an ice box.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Karen37a

If it hits the gulf, it spins towards Tampa St pete...picks up speed when it hits warm water.

the area that I am in will be completly under water( only 2 places that have high ground)...like nassau and suffolk going under water

I stayed the last few times but Cat 4/5/"6"...if it turns I am gone.. they may make it a mandatory evacuation.

We are going to release our boats from the piers as well

I am going to actually grab my computers and leads..( i need to leave the financial industry and take a rest if thats what concerns me)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-05-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    Seems like all the bodegas and gas stations still have water. I bought a few gallons this morning. Filling up the tubs in 3 of the bathrooms....Using the washer as an ice box.
    Im in SOFLA, everything is sold out including generators. I just scored a 5 gallon and some 24 packs by luck.

Dont forget to pull cash out everyone, CC processors will be down if power goes otu.

Karen37a
    Forgot the cash...thanks

Senior Member Reputation points: 3824

Hurricane Irma

Stop payments coming.....

Karen37a
    The water is already gone, in the stores...I just have what was in my house and I bought gatoraid and sparkling water.

Yes, Havey was hit with a bad bad hurricane. I think it was Cat 3? with winds of 135mph?And I pray they recover.

This is Cat 5 with 185 mph winds.

I've never ran from a hurricane and I am going to leave if its heads to the gulf and stays at this speed

A wall of water will come up and over us. To make a comparison for those in ny, my area is like living on Jones beach.or long beach.....a long strip.

If it stays at this intensity, I do not think people should ride it out.

I do not want to be stuck in my car on an hwy as a hurricane hits either.( woman dies saving her new bmw when she could have taken a plane)

Hopefully, it slows down.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-05-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Hurricane Irma

I'm in Atlanta heading for the Bahamas. I could care less...

Senior Member Reputation points: 2995 Matrix1's Avatar

I grew up in Coral Springs Fl, def do not miss times like this. Wishing everyone to be safe

Senior Member Reputation points: 2995 Matrix1's Avatar

This place is pretty good for delivering water if any one can't find any elsewhere
    http://fbuy.me/gnWDw

Banned Reputation points: 554

Don't think so. My daughter is stuck in the Dominican. No flights out. Imagine Bahamas same situation.

Karen37a
    If anyone has a business account with Quill they just shipped water to me next day air with out massive charges.

Home Depot near the Grove has generators, just got one for $800. Apparently Home Depot and Publix restocked

Karen37a
    @#$%^&*()................ Mandatory evacuations for everyone who lives on the water

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Hurricane Irma

I'll post photos/video if I can. I'm 10 min from the water Palm Bay and evacuating inland tomorrow. After this year I can't "Florida" anymore!
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    I'll post photos/video if I can. I'm 10 min from the water Palm Bay and evacuating inland tomorrow. After this year I can't "Florida" anymore!

We turned the boat around and loosened the ropes, moved wet bikes to higher ground.

Made sure all insurance is paid to date not late so they cant drop you.

I said that I couldn't stand NY snow anymore!

I can now see why people do not leave when big storms are coming ...they are worried about all of their belongings

Karen37a
    The Storm is projected to head straight for Tampa/Clearwater/St Pete....We are not leaving.

Now I really know why people do not leave...what do you do? drive your New car in traffic run out of gas..leave the car, grab your expensive purses, Manolo and Christian Louboutin shoes important documents and run.
    If it hits hard and you are walking in water..who cares, everything you have is gone.

I closed up offices ..put computers on top of file cabinets and desks just in case water gets in but only a few inchesNow we get to see if the beach hurricane shutters work, cement reinforced steel walls and see if the ropes on the boats pull the cleats out as water rises.

We will be here ... ( ps I have a LLC...all my deals survive my death that are currently funding and renewals in play lol)

Hurricane Party..playing this song " This is It"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_NISrWmg0M

(Everyone stay safe. )

Karen37a
    *** I will also come back as a ghost and yak yak yak , talk talk talk , nag nag nag in West coasts and hdfs ear
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-09-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Karen37a
    Everyone that I know in the Tampa /Clearwater/St Pete area are ok...50% have electricity out, trees have toppled in some places, streets flooded.

Hope everyone else is safe.