Miracle Request
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Miracle Request

I have a client (dentist) that does big numbers ($9 mill annually gross / $2.5 mill annually net)

He fell victim to the (apparently) highly convincing rep from Protection Legal Group. In December 2016 he borrowed $250k paying $995/day. In February 2017 Protection Legal Group got a hold of him and did what they do best.

What lender, if any, will fund him so that he can open his 2 new locations which will almost double his current revenue/profit.

Save your comments on this one boys. I know this industry is constantly evolving and am hoping a lender has found a solution to counter these debt negotiation firms.

Happy funding my friends!

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

If there is real estate than WBL and several others may be options.

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

Quote Originally Posted by CFG View Post
    I have a client (dentist) that does big numbers ($9 mill annually gross / $2.5 mill annually net)

He fell victim to the (apparently) highly convincing rep from Protection Legal Group. In December 2016 he borrowed $250k paying $995/day. In February 2017 Protection Legal Group got a hold of him and did what they do best.

What lender, if any, will fund him so that he can open his 2 new locations which will almost double his current revenue/profit.
    What's his credit look like?
    What state?
    What's the collateral?

There ARE other things outside of the MCA space ya know...

Karen37a
    Here is my suggestion to any and all people who think people who use debt restructuring are innocent people led astray ( maybe 1 % are ).

Tell them to show Proof in the form of payoff letter( and not for a negotiated settlement.) that you made the original company whole.... Rescind the negotiated agreement, since it was bad advice.

Simple fix , If they did coach them into nonpayment then negotiate a discount on the payoff and it was a mistake and they were led astray....

Make the Original Funder(s) Whole....then we can talk.

I can bet if you ask them to make the original Funder whole you hear a dial tone and some curse words.

The broker is going to curse you out too( if you are an iso with brokers in your organization)

( you will see who you are dealing with if you do this , then no more fantasy Mary Poppins stories)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-10-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    If there is real estate than WBL and several others may be options.
    Longer version: if they have real estate, a highly-convincing WBL rep will reach-out to the merchant and do what they do best (take that real estate off their hands).

Karen37a
    Be careful because there is a lawyer on the back end of that deal**

You have a lawyer on the back end of a deal, restructuring OR granting power of atty and you want to give them more money???????????????????????????????

Wait until they tie you up in Bankruptcy court next.

And someone seeking out funds after seeking out shelter under debt restructuring is most likely a con artist and its almost ( or is) deceptive practices and fraud .
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-10-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Banned Reputation points: 589

Or drown them in paperwork and kill the deal at title search

Member Reputation points: 971 Ultimatecloser's Avatar

No promises but we like the challenging ones.

Senior Member Reputation points: 9546

Quote Originally Posted by CFG View Post

Save your comments on this one boys. I know this industry is constantly evolving and am hoping a lender has found a solution to counter these debt negotiation firms.

Happy funding my friends!
    I'd consider it pending details of the lawsuit.