Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cold Calling IS NOT DEAD....

In my opinion cold calling is alive and well! One of the best ways to get a merchant is not through some fancy advertising campaign but good old fashioned cold calling. PICK UP THE PHONE AND DIAL! Only the successful would admit it! Sales is Sales!

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by wallerbusiness View Post
    In my opinion cold calling is alive and well! One of the best ways to get a merchant is not through some fancy advertising campaign but good old fashioned cold calling. PICK UP THE PHONE AND DIAL! Only the successful would admit it! Sales is Sales!
    No method of marketing is "dead" unless it's regulated out of existence. You have telephone marketing, email marketing, bulk mail marketing, etc. The effectiveness of the marketing campaign, depends strictly on who you are targeting and marketing to.

So no, "cold calling" (telephone marketing) is not dead, but if you are cold-calling targets that are unqualified, you have done no prior research on, etc., then your campaign won't be as effective.

- For example, cold-calling random listings out of the Yellow Pages for a "merchant account" isn't going to be that productive for a variety of reasons that would take a couple of posts for me to detail lol.

- However, cold-calling specific business listings that you have researched who might be in the market for a "merchant account", is likely to be a more effective campaign.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 07-17-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Karen37a
    Waller here is a boiler room stock pitch off the top of my head: One day I will let you hear me pitch MCA, with a PULLING soft sell.

( actually helping people doing the right thing)

Stockbroker: I am a successful broker and I make a very good living. Do you know why? It is because my clients are successful because they listen and move on my recommendations, and more importantly, I guide them out at the right time.
    You want to think about it...well I am sure you would not waste your time thinking if you didn't like the idea.
    Are you familiar with a stop loss order, well let me tell you how it works, it will limit your downside potential...blah blah if I am half right we go to a steak dinner on you, judge me on a % gain basis and next time we will swing for the fences

if you give me 1 % of your confidence ( waving hands like a maestro ) ILL EARN THE REST your best friend was a stranger to you at one time correct?
    Exacccltttyyyyy my point so pick up 1000 shares you will be glad you did.

Not interested? do not deny yourself the opportunity to benefit from our quantitive analysis and Institutional timing. We have a Fiduciary responsibility to our clients and we want to make you long term money here..not just a one night stand...
    You don't do business with women? Whos the woman who won't do the trade.

Please listen closely..you must do the exact opposite of what everyone is telling you ...you have to buy what people selling, and sell what people are buying that's the way you make money in the market...doing the exact opposite of the crowd.
    you are going to ask your wife?..all she is going to do it hit you in the head with the frying pan as you watch yet another opportunity to make money go by...

so let me ask you this...what are you really going to do with the money? Ahh buy a yacht and get rid of the old bag and have a bunch of hot playboy models sunbathing with you ...sounds like fun...so how many shares 2 or 3k and where do you want the confirmation sent the mansion or the yacht?
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-17-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Karen37a
    Get to the Decision maker...blast thru the gatekeeper ...30 seconds Pitch value, do the right thing and its a breeze.

"Qualify with Underwriting in Mind" pretend like it's your money...would you fund the merchant if it was your money? If no...lay off the underwriters, drop the file and find a new merchant.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-17-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3824

Cold Calling IS NOT DEAD....

Karen just blasting the Tommy Belisis JTF closes. Cold calling is alive and well and will always be a great way to get business.

"Call back??? If I based my business on call backs i would have retired 5 years ago. It's not that you won't call me back but that you like the rest of my clients are busy. Let's move on this trade now! Hahahahaa

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    Waller here is a boiler room stock pitch off the top of my head: One day I will let you hear me pitch MCA, with a PULLING soft sell.

Stockbroker: I am a successful broker and I make a very good living. Do you know why? It is because my clients are successful because they listen and move on my recommendations, and more importantly, I guide them out at the right time.
    You want to think about it...well I am sure you would not waste your time thinking if you didn't like the idea.
    Are you familiar with a stop loss order, well let me tell you how it works, it will limit your downside potential...blah blah if I am half right we go to a steak dinner on you, judge me on a % gain basis and next time we will swing for the fences

if you give me 1 % of your confidence ( waving hands like a maestro ) ILL EARN THE REST your best friend was a stranger to you at one time correct?

Not interested? do not deny yourself the opportunity to benefit from our quantitive analysis and Institutional timing. We have a Fiduciary responsibility to our clients and we want to make you long term money here..not just a one night stand...

Please listen closely..you must do the exact opposite of what everyone is telling you ...you have to buy what people selling, and sell what people are buying that's the way you make money in the market...doing the exact opposite of the crowd.
    you are going to ask your wife?..all she is going to do it hit you in the head with the frying pan as you watch yet another opportunity to make money go by...

so let me ask you this...what are you really going to do with the money? Ahh buy a yacht and get rid of the old bag and have a bunch of hot playboy models sunbathing with you ...sounds like fun...so how many shares 2 or 3k and where do you want the confirmation sent the mansion or the yacht?
    Shoehorning the word "fiduciary" in there does not lessen the example as non client-centered advice.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by anydealfunded View Post
    Karen just blasting the Tommy Belisis JTF closes. Cold calling is alive and well and will always be a great way to get business.

"Call back??? If I based my business on call backs I would have retired 5 years ago. It's not that you won't call me back but that you like the rest of my clients are busy. Let's move on this trade now! Hahahahaa
    Jtf closes started in Bear Sterns (a plus paper)..then Lehman( a plus paper at first)... where I picked them up and him too...

Bear Sterns ...then Lehman Bros ...jt closes...Stratton Oakmont( wolf of wall st)... Boiler room movie ( 5 firms co syndicating) And I won't out anyone lol

But you wouldn't know "let's move on this trade now" unless you were there LOL

"Call back??? If I based my business on call backs i would have retired 5 years ago. It's not that you won't call me back but that you like the rest of my clients are busy. Let's move on this trade now! Hahahahaa
    Classic
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-17-2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Jtf closes started in Bear Sterns (a plus paper)..then Lehman...( where I picked them up and him too) ...

Bear Sterns ...then the Lehman straight line ...jt closes...Stratton Oakmont( wolf of wall st)...
    Wait, you worked at Bear and Lehman? Please don't say you did mortgages at Countrywide and IndyMac.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Wait, you worked at Bear and Lehman? Please don't say you did mortgages at Countrywide and IndyMac.
    Not Bear... I Mastered their closing strategies lol...I am NOT that old or stuffy.

( I was around for the Mortgage meltdowns though)...I am assuming you are older than me so you were around for the invention of the "wheel"
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-17-2017 at 10:15 PM.

jotucker1983

To quote the Wolf Of Wallstreet's Jordan Belfort: "What person with a college education would trust this bunch of jerk-offs?"

Karen37a
    Jordan is from my area( so Is Trump and the heads of the cia, and many others)....ask him why we called him "scoops" on the beach

I am tired of typing to people who claim they can't make 30k a year, when my Hermes purse/ handbag cost 50k-100k and they do not have college educations but are posturing.

My Two Rolex watches are worth more than they made in 5 years and they couldn't get approved for a mortgage for even the property taxes on the North Shore or the Hamptons and would be tossed out of the shops on the miracle mile, like the scene in pretty women.

( I held back from saying it 2 plus years lol)

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    To quote the Wolf Of Wallstreet's Jordan Belfort: "What person with a college education would trust this bunch of jerk-offs?"
    The bunch someone is quoting is referring to is YOU ALL..not me..I do not have to stick up for anyone...have at it.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-18-2017 at 12:14 AM.

jotucker1983
    Jordan is from my area( so Is Trump and the heads of the cia, and many others)....ask him why we called him "scoops" on the beach

I am tired of typing to people who claim they can't make 30k a year, when my Hermes purse/ handbag cost 50k-100k and they do not have college educations but are posturing.

My Two Rolex watches are worth more than they made in 5 years and they couldn't get approved for a mortgage for even the property taxes on the North Shore or the Hamptons and would be tossed out of the shops on the miracle mile, like the scene in pretty women.

( I held back from saying it 2 plus years lol)

The bunch someone is quoting is referring to is YOU ALL..not me..I do not have to stick up for anyone...have at it.
    I pretty much never thought you had much credibility anyway (long before finding those mugshots), but every post you make, just further pushes any form of credibility you "might" have off the table.

- Every post, you talk about being the Wolf Of Wallstreet with hundreds of "brokers" working under you

- Every post, you talk about having "superior sales skills" that nobody else has

- Every post, you talk about how much you are "funding"

- Every post, you talk about who knows you and who you "know"

- Now you are talking about Rolex watches

Elizabeth Cooper I don't know you personally, but it's my sole opinion, that you aren't the person you claim to be. There are CEOs of some of the biggest funders/lenders in the industry who post on the forum and you never see them continually boast about "stuff" like you do. Matter of fact, I don't see them boast about anything.

Either you are extremely "insecure" and feel the need to constantly "prove yourself" to a forum of people who technically are your competitors.....or you are just completely full of ____. Once I think about it again, I believe it's a combination of both, which is sad, even sadder than the 7 mugshots you have floating around out there at your age. Grow up.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 07-18-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post

- Now you are talking about Rolex watches
    Anyone can buy a Rolex at their local mall. The wealthiest people I've met either wear a Timex Ironman Watch, Swatch or no watch at all. But then again, they also have multi-million dollar Hamptons homes and helicopters...
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 07-18-2017 at 08:33 AM.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

For the secret sauce to come together, one must have both a Rolex watch and a pinky ring.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

People seriously stop living in the past

Karen37a
    The Present is great. When people say what they did this month they are accused of bragging.( people have fits when certain D paper say what they did...big numbers ) When people say what they are going to do they are lying or dreaming.

So no one mention a track record of success ...nor current numbers or goals...everything's great then
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-18-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    For the secret sauce to come together, one must have both a Rolex watch and a pinky ring.
    and Mont blanc pen
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-19-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Someone needs to cut off the internet access at the looney bin

Karen37a
    Shill... one post ..yet rep points

smh lol

You guys are funny!

Karen37a
    Since my response seemed to be deleted or maybe I didn't hit the enter button? Not sure

People should not constantly be flaming newbies who come on the site to just get information. Or anyone. ( I know why.)
    People should not continue to be negative and say you can't make over 30k or the leads are horrible, positive motivation doesn't work etc etc When it isn't true. It really does not help anyone. It's actually mean. There are real people attached to those accounts. You do not know their Financial Condition or if they are trying this because they are broke, if they put money into advertising ( that won't work), one step from implosion, new career, changing careers or whatever. You are taking away the possibility of someone having a better tomorrow.( hence me not recommending boiler room stocks when I was there and exiting stage right trained to tell people what NOT to do )

You cant complain about ethics and stackers then slam a newbie on the ground for fun or self serving needs.

In regards to competition.The Financial Service industry is so vast and huge. Lending/Funding/Receivables. The Mca industry ( although they have funded in the billions ) is such a small % of the money that is transferring from place to place. It is like 1%
    I do not think anyone is my competition except the telephone and the demons that cause negativity to come towards me, jealousy, fear of failure, fear of success, laziness, lack of confidence and discipline to get the job done.

Billions are funding thru other sources other than the traditional Mcas and the original Funding Leaders ( like Amazon, square. Amex ).

Funders are not my competition because its THEIR money and they can do with it what they want. I do not see Funding in a traditional ISO way. I think they have money and want to "invest" it to make money. If I have deals that look good, that they think will payback, not default, renew...they might want it ( after they fund who or whatever they want to fund first )

If I do not like it....Put my own money in. Raise Capital.

My competition is myself. Make a decision to take massive action or not.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-19-2017 at 08:00 AM. Reason: typos

Senior Member Reputation points: 49585 CraaaCraaa Radio's Avatar

cold calling is alive and kicking. whether you the agent is doing it yourself or you have a dialer system or you just have some well groomed openers.
    renewals is the mash potatoes of the game, but the new deals are steak!!!!
    Disclaimer
    This message brought to you by
    :

CraaaCraaa Radio ®

http://debanked.com/merchant-cash-ad...nce-directory/

World of MCA
    E.V.P Business Development

Banned Reputation points: 589

Remember the weavers? Nope, they were dead long before we showed. So will cold callers go. Automation is far more effective. I sell an AI that replaced 16 cold callers and, 3 chasers and 3 closers. A staff of 4 now does what 25 did. The cost of deals dropped from 2,000 to $400 bucks. I say this as someone who has made a living on the phone for 25 years. I still make cold calls. Cold calling isn't dead, it's quaint. When we went to Old Bethpage and saw the weavers and oldy tyme blacksmiths people in the future will see floor traders and cold callers with rotary phones.

Senior Member Reputation points: 11887 KINGCASH's Avatar

Last edited by KINGCASH; 08-03-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 11887 KINGCASH's Avatar

Last edited by KINGCASH; 08-03-2017 at 10:39 AM.