Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 34509 Jstarr's Avatar

I would honestly put $50,000 right now on Grant Cardone All Day, And i dont know you ... honestly call him and ill give you his number and place $50,000 in an escrow acct today!!!

He's built a BILLION dollar company Training Sales People in all Industries, not just Real Estate -

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    I've studied the VM vs the nonvoice mail in MCA not real estate. I was a mortgage broker/insurance broker for 13 years with 300 licensed brokers on my team( in a company I owned ) and sales trainer. I built that organization starting with me....and before that a Stockbroker for another 15( and partner on a small firm ), want me to write a book ? Or training because I should.

In Mca you should not leave the VM on the first call for all the reasons I said and MCN said ....I am actually amazed that mcn knows those things.( sorry mcn you are wayy better than I thought you were ...not that I thought you were bad lol )

This industry is not like others...uccs listed and merchants being hammered with phone calls. High-cost advances, stacking.Toughest competition known to mankind...Makes Wall st look like Main St

The Merchants do not feel like we are their "friend" and leaving a vm does nothing but alert them that a shark is coming and put their defenses up even higher to the point they are not listening to your words when you do get ahold of them. Get the person on the phone and have a great opening...you have 30 seconds to pitch and capture his attention.

If that Grant person would like to place a bet. I can go head to head on gathering leads and closing on him. I put my head down I can come up with 20-30 qualified leads per day, he will get maybe 3-5 repeating some crazy VM over and over, he seriously will not have a chance in hell, especially since I am moving fast ... In fact I will take the bet from almost anyone. My last employer called me Gordon Gekko and some brokers called me Wolf of wall st, one idiot used to crawl around on his knees in the office and howl at the moon as I walked by as he blanked all month. ( they thought it was an insult calling me that )

I do not even let it get past 4 rings ...next next next next

I am not here to give advice then debate the df ....people should take advice from people in the MCA industry. (no offence to anyone ) Its slightly different than the others. I can tell you this ...if Isaac ever starting giving me tips on what to do (even though I do not send alot of business to him ) Id grab a pen shaddap and listen.

I am sure he would say "speak softly and carry a big stick"
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding
    433 Plaza Real, Ste 275 Boca Raton, Fl 33432
    P: 800-805-3391 Fx: 561-270-6895
    Jerry@insourcefunding.net | insourcefunding.net

WHAT WOULD YOU DO " IF " YOU HAD THE CAPITAL

And on another note, Good sales people dont need qualified leads - Just a name and number... I never give my people leads any more. Thats for Rookies,

I've studied the VM vs the nonvoice mail in MCA not real estate. I was a mortgage broker/insurance broker for 13 years with 300 licensed brokers on my team( in a company I owned ) and sales trainer. I built that organization starting with me....and before that a Stockbroker for another 15( and partner on a small firm ), want me to write a book ? Or charge for training because I should.

Leaving VM on the first call is not effective for all the reasons I said and MCN said ....I am actually amazed that mcn knows those things.( sorry mcn you are wayy better than I thought you were ...not that I thought you were bad lol )

This industry is not like others...uccs listed and merchants being hammered with phone calls. High-cost advances, stacking.Toughest competition known to mankind...Makes Wall st look like Main St

The Merchants do not feel like we are their "friend" and leaving a vm does nothing but alert them that a shark is coming and put their defenses up even higher to the point they are not listening to your words when you do get ahold of them. Get the person on the phone and have a great opening...you have 30 seconds to pitch and capture his attention.

If that Grant person would like to place a bet. I can go head to head on gathering leads and closing on him. I put my head down I can come up with 20-30 qualified leads per day, he will get maybe 3-5 repeating some crazy VM over and over, he seriously will not have a chance in hell, especially since I am moving fast ... In fact I will take the bet from almost anyone. My last employer called me Gordon Gekko and some brokers called me Wolf of wall st, one idiot used to crawl around on his knees in the office and howl at the moon as I walked by as he blanked all month. ( they thought it was an insult calling me that )

I do not even let it get past 4 rings ...next next next next

I am not here to give advice then debate the df ....people should take advice from people in the MCA industry. (no offence to anyone ) Its slightly different than the others. I can tell you this ...if Isaac ever starting giving me tips on what to do (even though I do not send alot of business to him ) Id grab a pen shaddap and listen.

I am sure he would say "speak softly and carry a big stick"
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding

Karen37a
    People are not scared of Mortgage brokers because they have to actually physically Find a house, then buy a house and the closing process can take 90 days ...appraisals have to go thru, stips, stips then restipped etc.

Insurance you pay monthly and can cancel.

Merchant Cash Advances can close same day or the next day, it is a contract and it isn't interest that you are forgiven on ....they are scared to death when a pushy salesperson gets on the phone or any salesperson because they do not trust you, nor should trust you.

It's not a monthly payment that can cancel or pro rate refund...they are not going to just leisurely call you back unless they are stacked to the hilt or ready to default and strategically plan on sticking you on the last goodbye

This business; MCA is not the same as Mortgages...not even close. More like Venture capital ...Wall st

WE are qualifying the leads ourselves, thats the purpose of the 1st phone call.

I am not going to debate you... live and learn
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-14-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Karen37a
    I would honestly put $50,000 right now on Grant Cardone All Day, And i dont know you ... honestly call him and ill give you his number and place $50,000 in an escrow acct today!!!

He's built a BILLION dollar company Training Sales People in all Industries, not just Real Estate -
    And Jerry....not 50k because when you/he doesn't pay when he loses..ill have to send vito... joke

But I will take the bet for 10k...on cold calling MCA leads not mortages....call him...ask around before you bet though
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-14-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Karen it doesn't matter what business you're in mortgages, MCA, selling water filters, solar systems, pool pumps, lawn maintenance, sales the sales it's not rocket science in fact this particular industry doesn't require any training or degrees whatsoever the barriers of Entry ate so little,

You keep talking about how the MCA is business is so much different than any other sales business, it's not - I am telling you that as somebody who was an MCA lender and still is a direct lender - give me a name and a number and I will get information from them or I will get a referral from them period, End of story...

What I found out my 20-plus years in this industry is, the ones that are complaining the most are the ones that are doing the least. You can complain about your situation all day, and how this doesn't work or that doesn't work or you can change it.

Voicemails may or may not work for you , again this is your experience it doesn't mean anybody else is having this problem and I'm going to refer to what I said above.

If you are sick do you want to see a doctor of somebody who flunked out of medical school, basically what I'm saying is, if you're having troubles don't take advice from the guy who's failing at it find the ones that are more successful than you and obviously there's a lot of them out there ask them for help, guidance, study what they're doing differently than you, and learn.

everybody on here is debating what to regarding voicemails, and qualifying leads this is so stupid...

I'm going to say it again and I know I said it above, we don't do leads anymore in my office, I don't care if I'm selling real estate or water filters - that's for rookies all we need is a name and a number that's it. Any good sales person worth their weight will agree.

Look I've tested this Theory over and over I have sales people in my office on a $4,000 a month draw and then ones that didn't have the draw outperform the guys with the draw every time. And the ones I gave the option to that were true salespeople chose not to take the draw.

People are not scared of Mortgage brokers because they have to actually physically Find a house, then buy a house and the closing process can take 90 days ...appraisals have to go thru, stips, stips then restipped etc.

Insurance you pay monthly and can cancel.

Merchant Cash Advances can close same day or the next day, it is a contract and it isn't interest that you are forgiven on ....they are scared to death when a pushy salesperson gets on the phone or any salesperson because they do not trust you, nor should trust you.

It's not a monthly payment that can cancel or pro rate refund...they are not going to just leisurely call you back unless they are stacked to the hilt or ready to default and strategically plan on sticking you on the last goodbye

This business; MCA is not the same as Mortgages...not even close. More like Venture capital ...Wall st

WE are qualifying the leads ourselves, thats the purpose of the 1st phone call.

I am not going to debate you... live and learn
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding

Karen37a
    I stopped working for my old employer because I would only make 7 dials a day , max 30 and the owner would call me daily to tell me to get the calls up to 150...then they said just do 70.

I said NO...12 full applications in 7 closes ...doesn't matter how many phone calls I make..I am not being punished because these guys suck on the phone. the employees would wander into the Manager office crying:"how does she only make 7 dials and get all those applications she must have special leads"

Employees who work for me now saying " just dial faxes and wrong numbers they won't know the difference"

So lets just get the bet rolling....Ive made this bet at least 50 times in life...twice with my old employer's managers.

This Merchant Cash advance business it not like other business ..people who are in it who had any success at all are the top 1 % of sales people. And until you enter and do it and survive you will not know.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-14-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Thank you everyone for responding, there have been a ton of great points/arguments coming from both sides. To make things clearer, I am not using an auto-dialer, I have a list with the business names, phone numbers, email addresses, the states in which they reside, and when they allegedly "looked into getting a cash advance." I tend to go through my lead lists three to four times over the course of three months. When I get a new list, the second call will be made two to four days after the initial call, while the third tends to be a month later, and the fourth a month after the third. My voicemail script is: "This is Dave from _____, I'm a direct funder that received your file back in _____ when you were looking into getting some funding for your _____ business. We had put together some offers for your but never heard back from the broker on your account [they haven't looking into a MCA with the company I work for]. Give me a call when you get this, I just wanted to do a bit of follow up work, see if you received the money you were looking for, or if you were in need of some additional working capital." I take meticulous notes on the conversations I have, so if I spoke to the person previously, I will mention something from that conversation.

Thoughts? Critiques?

Btw, as for the people that say: "Go after the highest producer/white rabbit/doctor", what do you think I'm doing right now? I've spoken to the top producers in my office, but I know the MCA world is bigger than the company I work for.

I stopped working for my old employer because I would only make 7 dials a day , max 30 and the owner would call me daily to tell me to get the calls up to 150...then they said just do 70.

I said NO...12 full applications in 7 closes ...doesn't matter how many phone calls I make..I am not being punished because these guys suck on the phone. the employees would wander into the Manager office crying:"how does she only make 7 dials and get all those applications she must have special leads"

Employees who work for me now saying " just dial faxes and wrong numbers they won't know the difference"

So lets just get the bet rolling....Ive made this bet at least 50 times in life...twice with my old employer's managers.

This Merchant Cash advance business it not like other business ..people who are in it who had any success at all are the top 1 % of sales people. And until you enter and do it and survive you will not know.
    Karen,

Im up for the challenge. You must be top 1% and so am I. I dont take alot of calls to get a deal. Its the right type of client and the follow up. You have to call the right type of client to begin with. Im hyper focused on different markets. I deal with Medical Practices and Home Health Care Agencies. In the state of TX MO and TN. The markets are hot! I know the government regulations I know the vendors. From time to time I will actually go fly out to see some of these people. Especially on bigger deals. If you can get a doctor on the phone you are awesome. You have to know how to cold call. I know a lot about the client before I call a client. I know who the practice manager is, I know their vendors, I know the receptionist. Research is super key over here at my brokerage.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDemarest View Post
    Thank you everyone for responding, there have been a ton of great points/arguments coming from both sides. To make things clearer, I am not using an auto-dialer, I have a list with the business names, phone numbers, email addresses, the states in which they reside, and when they allegedly "looked into getting a cash advance." I tend to go through my lead lists three to four times over the course of three months. When I get a new list, the second call will be made two to four days after the initial call, while the third tends to be a month later, and the fourth a month after the third. My voicemail script is: "This is Dave from _____, I'm a direct funder that received your file back in _____ when you were looking into getting some funding for your _____ business. We had put together some offers for your but never heard back from the broker on your account [they haven't looking into a MCA with the company I work for]. Give me a call when you get this, I just wanted to do a bit of follow up work, see if you received the money you were looking for, or if you were in need of some additional working capital." I take meticulous notes on the conversations I have, so if I spoke to the person previously, I will mention something from that conversation.

Thoughts? Critiques?

Btw, as for the people that say: "Go after the highest producer/white rabbit/doctor", what do you think I'm doing right now? I've spoken to the top producers in my office, but I know the MCA world is bigger than the company I work for.
    Dave there is no take away in your script. Most guys say that. You have to be different. Call me on my cell. I will help you out 314-358-0698

Karen37a
    I just told you what to do. I am not really making a point or argument. Listen to the guy who told you the 2nd dial thing follow the top producers.

Your opening pitch semi sucks( sorry ). Emote emotion over the phone, sell the dream, not the nightmare.

If you say what you just said the guy is going to say...oh you have my application...whats my social, whats this, whats that.

Its better to say " You have attempted to achieve funding in the past" this way you are not lying...he did attempt it...just not thru you.

waller might have a take away ...not sure, nice for him to offer

Waller ill bet you for fun...so no hard feelings when i spank you

I am off ...gl to you
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-14-2017 at 10:57 AM.

I just told you what to do. I am not really making a point or argument. Listen to the guy who told you the 2nd dial thing follow the top producers.

Your opening pitch semi sucks( sorry ). Emote emotion over the phone, sell the dream, not the nightmare.

If you say what you just said the guy is going to say...oh you have my application...whats my social, whats this, whats that.

Its better to say " You have attempted to achieve funding in the past" this way you are not lying...he did attempt it...just not thru you.

waller might have a take away ...not sure, nice for him to offer

Waller ill bet you for fun...so no hard feelings when i spank you

I am off ...gl to you
    Karen Im in love with you already and I might actually enjoy the spanking! lol.... But when you are ready let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Lol, Archie what disadvantage? By not leaving a voicemail, you are failing to communicate and market whatever message it is you are trying to send to the prospective client. Seeing as though most prospective clients are "hit and miss", by not leaving a voicemail, you fail to create the opportunity of actually communicating whatever message/pitch you have to the prospective client.

Again, if you are calling a ton of numbers then you should be using a web based predictive dialer, which allows you to push a button to leave a pre-recorded voicemail.

And the response rate to voicemails might be 1% - 3% let's say, in terms of "callbacks", but understand you aren't calling the prospect one time anyway. When you call them back let's say a second time and catch the person, they will also remember the voicemail you left which means the call isn't a complete "blind/cold" one as much anymore. Very similar to if you sent them material in the mail and followed up with a telephone call to "discuss it".
    Joe you got to call me. Im getting a high response rate than that. We need to discuss something. I can tell you what platform and Im using and show you the results. Call my line 314-358-0698 and maybe you can help me out with some tough deals.

Ill take that deal and he would do that all day, you obviously dont understand what he does or you wouldn't make this ridiculous claim.....$10k - Im in !!

And Jerry....not 50k because when you/he doesn't pay when he loses..ill have to send vito... joke

But I will take the bet for 10k...on cold calling MCA leads not mortages....call him...ask around before you bet though
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding

Karen37a
    Jerry how do you know what I did in the past?

You do not know my closing ability or you wouldn't be saying such a ridiculous thing.

he has NO CHANCE on a mca lead against me

So get him on the phone so I can spank him for money.

You do realize I came out of the stock market boiler rooms?...they made movies about them.

Lehman brothers magic pitch book for million dollar producers and Boiler room and Wolf of wall st 1981 Marcus ave and 1983.Adddress Memorized to this day from all the cold calls

I still have the scripts and the original magic book and can close in my sleep.

We stood up back in the day and dialed 500 dials a day...no chair if you cant close

I left those places and created a small firm with a few guys so we could just sell stocks and be left the hell alone from pressure
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-14-2017 at 12:02 PM.

You do not know my closing ability or you wouldn't be saying such a ridiculous thing.

he has NO CHANCE on a mca against me
    Karen did you use to be a stock broker and are you from NY?

he has NO CHANCE on a mca against me

So get him on the phone so I can spank him for money.

You do realize I came out of the stock market boiler rooms...they made movies about them.

Lehman brothers magic pitch book for million dollar producers and Boiler room and Wolf of wall st 1981 Marcus ave and 1983. Memorized from all the cold calls

I still have the scripts and the original magic book and they are still memorized and can close in my sleep.

We stood up back in the day and dialed 500 dials a day...no chair if you cant close
    Thats old school! I love it and Karen we are cut very similar im just from a more expensive cloth. (as a look down at my quindici neck tie) lol. ......

jotucker1983
    Lol, so one "superior sales person" (with more mugshots than Al Capone) said that leaving a voicemail is a "warning" to the merchant that a "loan shark is coming". So let's dissect this "logic" for a second:

- If the merchant sees MCA pricing as "loan shark pricing" based on a voicemail that was left, how does not leaving a voicemail change his mentality?

- Oh, I forgot......you're a "superior sales person", so when you get the merchant live on the phone, your "law of attraction/positive thinking energies/hollywood level of charisma"......flowsss through the telephone to connect deeply with the merchant's soul....from there, a deep spiritual/emotional/psychological connection is made and BAM! Magically, this changes the merchant's perception of the MCA pricing! Before you hang up the telephone, he's already sent back an app and rushing you to get an offer back to sign off on!

Folks can do whatever they want (I really don't care lol), but I would hope people use common sense and critical thinking to run their office, rather than off the wall, "superior sales mumbo jumbo".

* In no world does it make any sense to not leave a voicemail.

* Most prospects are "hit and miss". This is a fact. So by not leaving a voicemail and "waiting" to only speak to them live, what if you can't ever reach them live? Do you just not leave a message? Ever lol?

* One "superior sales person" said that the merchant would remember your number off the caller ID (on the call you didn't leave a voicemail on), then when you callback a second time, the merchant (who gets 20 calls a day from salespeople) is going to magically remember your number and run to the phone to see who you are? What lmao??

If you have a dense list of prospects to follow up on, sign up for a web-based predictive dialer and when you run into a voicemail, hit the "leave a pre-recorded voicemail button", then move onto the next call. Goodness gracious.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

You do realize I came out of the stock market boiler rooms?...they made movies about them. Lehman brothers magic pitch book for million dollar producers and Boiler room and Wolf of wall st 1981 Marcus ave and 1983.Adddress Memorized to this day from all the cold calls
    And they're all out-of-business.

Karen37a
    Yes . And when I was a kid( and new) a bunch of us use to show up to the office early 8:00 to call doctors ...top producers would waddle in 9-10 and we stayed late...7 pm -10 pm to call Calif ...less competition.

We wanted to get our name on the big boy's white board...even if we were the last name on the bottom.

Thats what it takes to win. Not vm's.

And I am from North shore Long Island. Gold Coast and the Hamptons...expensive cloth as well but in fl right now...snow bird
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-14-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Karen37a
    Yes West ... some of them skipped off into Mca and other ventures.I wish I skipped off with them back then instead of Mortgages.

I'm off.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-14-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 11887 KINGCASH's Avatar

Very simple:

Leave it very general.

"Hey it's ___ from ___ giving you a call back. Call me when you have a moment."

Don't EVER say the word "CAPITAL" in the VM.

No script, no billion dollar ideas. CALLS WILL BE RETURNED. When the call is returned, at that point you need to ACT FAST.

Karen, Ill just leave it at this - when you build a proven BILLION dollar sales training organization with a realestate portfolio of $780MM as grant Cardone did, ill believe in your sales closing abilities...so

I dont need to know where you came from, what i do know is your not there now and for that reason......... Im siding with someone that has Proven track record on sales , not someone that was there one time, and now gone.

Put Your money on the table and we'll talk...!

Quote Originally Posted by wallerbusiness View Post
    Thats old school! I love it and Karen we are cut very similar im just from a more expensive cloth. (as a look down at my quindici neck tie) lol. ......
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding

Karen37a
    Jerry,

I had one. 300 Licenced brokers. Billions funded 2 fed charters a state charter, securities license and Master General agent insurance ( all at the same time) cross selling products thru a proprietary financial analysis plan.( that actually helped clients pay down debt faster and become financially independent)

Not going to fight with you or anyone over how to get leads in MCA. Do it your way.

You have to ask this guy if he wants to compete first. Hard to do when he doesn't understand the algorithms and esoteric scoring models on Mcas and cant offer any value other than saying "hey would you like more money".

That's how people get into bad positions and stacked to the hilt. Or Brokers send the deals to the wrong funders.

Each broker is different and the more value you can add ( thru knowledge ) the more valuable you are to the merchant. ( if you have their best interest at heart and not just commission)

Boiler room scripts actually fixing and helping people...wow what a great idea

Someone stepping in has no shot without "qualifing with underwrting in mind"...brokers 10 years in the business cant /wont open up to the idea of doing it or understanding it. its me me me meme.

And you do not know where I am now, and you do not know what someone who sells books on the net or sales courses really is ( unless you see the tax returns )
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-14-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Karen37a
    PS I just looked up your hero...Cardone. he is from Lake Charles La? I have a dentist friend who is an ex-rodeo bull rider cowboy from there.

Cardone is a Scientologist??

Great. I now pass on the bet.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-14-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Some of you really need to stop talking about what you used to do and talk about what you do now or going to do.