Question.. Do funders really fund million dollar deals?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Question.. Do funders really fund million dollar deals?

Are there any funders who fund a million dollar deals. I know BFS use to but they will only go to 500k from my understanding. But who goes out to a million?

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

sfs has done 3mil . good luck and send me a bottle of whiskey when it funds

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Quote Originally Posted by wallerbusiness View Post
    Are there any funders who fund a million dollar deals. I know BFS use to but they will only go to 500k from my understanding. But who goes out to a million?
    We offer factoring and asset based lines. We can provide facilities as small as $250K and go well over $10Mil. We don't mind doing the smaller deals if there is a chance to employ more capital as the company grows. We get very aggressive on deals of size....
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wallerbusiness View Post
    the bigger issue is "why?"

Why risk $1 million on one deal, when you could spread that out over dozens of deals ?

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    the bigger issue is "why?"

Why risk $1 million on one deal, when you could spread that out over dozens of deals ?
    That $3M default to SFS is a good example.

I know we are a different product than MCA, but I would rather do larger deals. I have to do the same amount of work for a $8Mil facility as a $250K facility. Typically the smaller the company the greater the and unreliable financial reporting. Upstream tends to be a little more buttoned-up, but I have seen a fair amount of dumpster fires lately.

Switch products when your looking at those dollar amounts unsecured funding is not the way to go.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

One $3,000,000 deal going sideways is the same as 100 $30,000 deals going bad. Chambo said it best. Lenders would rather spread that 3 million out over 100 business's from a strictly risk standpoint. And to reference MCAveteran's response, if a merchant hypothetically can sustain a loan that size, he has better alternatives then this market.
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

mcc(bizfi) used to have a rule where no one deal can be more then X% of their book for that month . I once had a 400k approval that they switched to 650k later in the month

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    sfs has done 3mil . good luck and send me a bottle of whiskey when it funds
    the gangster museum? IN vegas. What a mess that was.

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

I got a 1.2 mill dollar deal done with Capital For Merchants back when they were in business.

Credit Cash does million dollar deals on a regular basis. Got a couple done with them.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203054

Strategic may still go that high, I saw BFS while ago fund a 1mill for a co worker (lawfirm), Dan Page goes up to 2mill, a million dollar cash advance is kind of wild. I would def seek other options if they are available (factoring, lines of credit etc etc)

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/news/...loan-practices

Where did this one end up? Its too risky to fund in these amounts with this product

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MCAVeteran View Post
    http://www.southcoasttoday.com/news/...loan-practices

Where did this one end up? Its too risky to fund in these amounts with this product
    The merchant lost 3 days ago

Senior Member Reputation points: 258

World Business Lenders will loan out up to $2M+ if the client has the right property to pledge. We have gotten more aggressive over the years to get more loans funded as long as there is strong deposits and sufficient collateral (real estate).

Give me a call (860-436-5920) or shoot me an email (mike@wbl.com) to discuss further.

Thanks

Mike Bernier

Senior Member Reputation points: 18447

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    The merchant lost 3 days ago
    Well "lost" is relative in bankruptcy court. Has anyone seen the BFS balance on the bankruptcy filing?
    Aggregated funding of $7m+ but I'm sure over a number of years/advances. Wondering what they settled for and how long it will take to receive.
    They must be behind secured creditors and municipalities. How big of a hit is BFS taking on this?

Senior Member Reputation points: 18447

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Well "lost" is relative in bankruptcy court. Has anyone seen the BFS balance on the bankruptcy filing?
    Aggregated funding of $7m+ but I'm sure over a number of years/advances. Wondering what they settled for and how long it will take to receive.
    They must be behind secured creditors and municipalities. How big of a hit is BFS taking on this?
    I just reread. $2 MILLION dollar hit to BFS. Holy Smokes. Well that explains a lot.......

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Biggest deal Ive ever done was with Credit Cash years ago, over 1 million

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    I know we are a different product than MCA, but I would rather do larger deals. I have to do the same amount of work for a $8Mil facility as a $250K facility. Typically the smaller the company the greater the and unreliable financial reporting. Upstream tends to be a little more buttoned-up, but I have seen a fair amount of dumpster fires lately.
    What type of loans do u do?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    What type of loans do u do?
    Ryan,

Factoring and Asset Based Lines of Credit.

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

Seacoasts product is great rates and larger amounts for the well qualified client. But get ready for 2-3 year full financials,TR, AR/AP, another list of DD items. Must have b2b business with eligible receivables. Can take 30-45 days to fund

Quote Originally Posted by brokerCompany View Post
    Seacoasts product is great rates and larger amounts for the well qualified client. But get ready for 2-3 year full financials,TR, AR/AP, another list of DD items. Must have b2b business with eligible receivables. Can take 30-45 days to fund
    Broker Company,

Thanks for the mention! Keep in mind that we will finance challenged companies: tax liens, BK, ugly balance sheets, huge customer concentrations, etc.... Yes-We do ask for a lot of information up front because we want a clear picture of what is going on at the Company so we can tailor a solution. We also structure transactions that encourage better collections and cash management. From first phone conversation with the client to close usually takes 30 days, but I have done them in 10. We listen first, provide a solution, and move very quick.

Kevin