Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

It appears we have a major slowdown in the industry, overcapacity.

One of our primary sources for business is the web. We monitor our SEO daily. Over the last two weeks we've seen the prices of keywords on Google exploded. Keywords that were costing us $8 to $10 per CPC were run as high as $65 this week. What this is telling us is that business has slowed down exponentially. The big boys are the only ones that are paying up, we verified this. I can tell you that within 3 to 6 months we will have a number of major failures, bankruptcies. The first sign will be massive layoffs from the big players as the cost of marketing cannot align with the profits. If we have a couple of majors go under that would help the rest of us out. One major is probably bringing in 1000 to 2000 transactions a month's or more and if they go under those transactions will be up for grabs. Stay frosty my friends it may get very interesting quickly.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Buddy it has already started. Rip can and amerimerchant.
    Also I totally agree with you in the price sky rocketing

Member Reputation points: 10

Interesting, as a former mtg broker, I am reading this as it is possibly 2007 in the factoring/MCA business. Say it ain't so. I was hoping MCA's would be a lifeline to get my mojo back in the financing industry. Care to expand more on your discussion? Am I jumping into a sinking ship of an industry? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

It appears we have a major slowdown in the industry, overcapacity.

Are you saying it is only going to be tough for the major companies who have to lay off a lot of people so us smaller shops can capitalize or that the entire industry is going to get hit?

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

Quote Originally Posted by Ehester View Post
    One of our primary sources for business is the web. We monitor our SEO daily. Over the last two weeks we've seen the prices of keywords on Google exploded. Keywords that were costing us $8 to $10 per CPC were run as high as $65 this week. What this is telling us is that business has slowed down exponentially. The big boys are the only ones that are paying up, we verified this. I can tell you that within 3 to 6 months we will have a number of major failures, bankruptcies. The first sign will be massive layoffs from the big players as the cost of marketing cannot align with the profits. If we have a couple of majors go under that would help the rest of us out. One major is probably bringing in 1000 to 2000 transactions a month's or more and if they go under those transactions will be up for grabs. Stay frosty my friends it may get very interesting quickly.
    Time to go with Organic SEO - Develop and promote your own SEO Landing Lead Pages.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Karen37a
    The majors going under does not necessarily help us all out. When the curtain is pulled back like the wizard of Oz I am sure people will see some Direct Funders who they thought were stand alone... were actually using some of the big companies money and syndication platforms.

That means less overall money for the industry and loss of investor confidence