Intro to UCC leads
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 2995 Matrix1's Avatar

Intro to UCC leads

It's Monday morning, people. Time to get back to the grind and start making some money. Okay so I only call UCCs and yes I'm a broker that works at s good company with a good owner that has great relationships with different lenders. So when it comes to getting good approvals 1.25 over 12-18 months as long as the file merits those type of approvals we'll get them And sometime better. My main question tho is. When it comes to calling the UCCs and getting them interested or to listen to your pitch. I'm curious as to what you say. Your (secret sauce) because I come from a time where is someone had a good pitch or intro. That they would share it with the floor being that we're all on the same team. I get that a lot of people on this forum have some sort of hatred towards others or just flat out don't like them. But I think it would be cool if we us
    Last edited by Matrix1; 06-05-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Just don't hold back, give your best open introduction when you first begin the call and know these merchants are automatically gonna tell you "not interested" sometimes all of us hit a slump and just need to hear some great lines again to pick up the motivation and drive again. I hope you participate and let's hear what ya got 😎💰
    Last edited by Matrix1; 06-05-2017 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Over

Karen37a
    I am going to respond then duck when the rocks are thrown after since no one is responding.

.There is no embarrassment in struggling – the embarrassment is in quitting
    All people care about is how much heart you have when you do something

Last posts on this.

#1 Everyone must reprogram themselves to not see "sales" or "salespeople" as evil.

The biggest mistakes people make are having weak qualification skills. Once someone is qualified almost anyone can close it based on timing and numbers.

You have the first 10 seconds to make the first impression. They must think you are upbeat/friendly/approachable, sharp as a tack and someone who can possibly benefit them now or down the road.

If you go into the phone call with the objective of closing them right then and there or getting a social security # you are going to fail almost always. ( except for the z paper files stacked to the hilt or low low credit scores, liens etc)

Use tonality in your voice, paint a picture..." now if you recall..." ( squint your eyes )...Pull people to the conclusion, not push and when you are ready to give them rebuttals do not be combative...those tired old lines that we used in the 80s/90s are loooonggg gone.

" your best friend was a stranger at one time correct? " "if you give me 1 % of your confidence I'll earn the rest " " piker" << toss them out. Don't yell "f** U Piker" and hang up when they say no ( a merchant actually asked me what it meant, they said someone from NY said it ... I laughed a bit and said sorry...I can't believe they are actually still saying this)

The bottom line is you need to set correct expectations. The merchant does not know you and you are the 1000 call...they have to trust you and LIKE you...trust doesn't come in a 30-second phone call and most brokers want instant gratification.

**Imagine walking into a car lot and being ambushed, you do not even know what kind of car you want or if you even want to buy from them yet they are pushing pushing pushing to run your credit ( oh yeah this is what they do) then when you object you get some snotty nose sales person saying "well if you can't afford it I understand". Who wants to be treated like this??

Who allows someone to treat them this way? Answer...the ones wth subpar credit, leveraged to the hilt, who shouldn't be buying that expensive car....or merchants stacked to the hilt with cash advances, restricted industries, low credit or overleveraged and can't immediately renew ., who have zero chance of funding...brokers looking for a hail mary end of month when rent is due.

Be prepared for the same rebuttals over and over.. but think about how you would like to be treated if you were on the other side of the phone.

It's the mindset going into the call, tonality and setting reasonable expectations that really set up the path for great qualification calls then follow ups.

The opening is really a mini commercial you must grab their attention...make them want to keep listening to you.You have 10 seconds, then another 30...if you get past that they will not be in the immediate hang-up mode...then you have to get them to drop their guard to give you personal info...Pre-Qualification skills next section of script, the art of leading them to the close

Matrix...Write your opening down and rebuttals...pm it to me. I'll tweak it and send it back if its wrong.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-06-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typos

Karen37a
    ok. very very very Limited basis..did I say very

Senior Member Reputation points: 11553 Eagle Funding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post

If you go into the phone call with the objective of closing them right then and there or getting a social security # you are going to fail almost always. ( except for the z paper files stacked to the hilt or low low credit scores, liens etc)
    I am pretty sure DeBanked put out an article while back about the one call close being most effective way of closing but don't quote me on that.
    Eagle Funding Group
    Phone: (646) 793-6809
    Email: info@eaglefundinggroup.net
    Web: www.eaglefundinggroup.net

Karen37a
    I debate brokers in person on this constantly. It depends on the definition of "one call close" . Lots of competition out there now, not sure when it was written.And where the sales process starts. This answer was tailored from dead start UCC/Business number blind call.
    ABC ..always be closing ( if the person wants to hear from you again and looks forward to the next "second or third" phone call, they can be pretty much "closed" already, pre sold upfront or you have a good shot).

My opinion is anyone who does not know you and gives sensitive financial information( soc security) over the phone on the first call "usually" is either crazy, makes poor financial decisions( I could be in Nigeria for all they know), in a bad desperate financial situation, low credit score, massive inquiries, or plans on strategically defaulting on advance. If someone called in to a Direct Lender or a hot referral I can see it happening, but not blind cold calls, or warm calls.

Maybe if you pound out 150 dials a day and get cursed out every 5th phone call you may find someone willing to give you their social security number, but it's not going to be A paper or anyone protective over their credit score and inquiries on the credit.. unless you get really lucky." Even a blind squirrel can find a nut") Then you will become burnt out, dejected and won't last.

I do not expect brokers to agree...95% of brokers in real life do the opposite of what I am saying. But if it was so easy to just pick up the phone to call a stranger, then get them to give you a social security number...in a 2-minute call. None of us would be in business. Direct Lenders/ Funders would have minimum wage workers dialing out and an abundance of quality prospects.

If people could just leisurely pick up a phone, cold call and take applications...people wouldn't be so desperately searching for Inbound leads/ transfers, "good lead brokers" and robo dials, campaigns automated marketing campaigns.( these can all be additions to the meat and potatoes $$ if done right )
    There comes a point in your sales life where you have to just have to say "I am a sales person, not vacuum cleaners; but even if I was, takes a lot of courage to knock on doors let alone be successful. Most can't do it and look for shortcuts then cut you down. I am the 1% of the 1%", then you pick up the phone.....There are almost no small-mid size businesses that do not have some type of sales or marketing plan to get new clients.(so we are all salespeople if we own a business and if you work for one your future depends on the sales and marketing team) Including the plumber who just cursed you out.How does he get his clients osmosis? People hate salespeople because of the abusive treatment on the phone or in person...( used car example I gave)

I "soft sell" aggressively. And I start the sales process fromUCC or business phone numbers to close. Again this answer was tailored to uccs and blind cold calls, new introductions.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-07-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10589

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    I debate brokers in person on this constantly. It depends on the definition of "one call close" . Lots of competition out there now, not sure when it was written.And where the sales process starts. This answer was tailored from dead start UCC/Business number blind call.
    ABC ..always be closing ( if the person wants to hear from you again and looks forward to the next "second or third" phone call, they can be pretty much "closed" already, pre sold upfront or you have a good shot).

My opinion is anyone who does not know you and gives sensitive financial information( soc security) over the phone on the first call "usually" is either crazy, makes poor financial decisions( I could be in Nigeria for all they know), in a bad desperate financial situation, low credit score, massive inquiries, or plans on strategically defaulting on advance. If someone called in to a Direct Lender or a hot referral I can see it happening, but not blind cold calls, or warm calls.

Maybe if you pound out 150 dials a day and get cursed out every 5th phone call you may find someone willing to give you their social security number, but it's not going to be A paper or anyone protective over their credit score and inquiries on the credit.. unless you get really lucky." Even a blind squirrel can find a nut") Then you will become burnt out, dejected and won't last.

I do not expect brokers to agree...95% of brokers in real life do the opposite of what I am saying. But if it was so easy to just pick up the phone to call a stranger, then get them to give you a social security number...in a 2-minute call. None of us would be in business. Direct Lenders/ Funders would have minimum wage workers dialing out and an abundance of quality prospects.

If people could just leisurely pick up a phone, cold call and take applications...people wouldn't be so desperately searching for Inbound leads/ transfers, "good lead brokers" and robo dials, campaigns automated marketing campaigns.( these can all be additions to the meat and potatoes $$ if done right )
    There comes a point in your sales life where you have to just have to say "I am a sales person, not vacuum cleaners; but even if I was, takes a lot of courage to knock on doors let alone be successful. Most can't do it and look for shortcuts then cut you down. I am the 1% of the 1%", then you pick up the phone.....There are almost no small-mid size businesses that do not have some type of sales or marketing plan to get new clients.(so we are all salespeople if we own a business and if you work for one your future depends on the sales and marketing team) Including the plumber who just cursed you out.How does he get his clients osmosis? People hate salespeople because of the abusive treatment on the phone or in person...( used car example I gave)

I "soft sell" aggressively. And I start the sales process fromUCC or business phone numbers to close. Again this answer was tailored to uccs and blind cold calls, new introductions.
    Karen gets it. I bet shes one of the top sales people where she works.

Your approach is a great fit for internet based leads where people need the soft consultative sell.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10589

Also checkout Ryan Stewman. Hardcorecloser.com hes a sales trainer for mortgage and real estate sales people, which is a similar sale to MCA

Karen37a
    Yes, Real Estate / Mortgages /lead generation and Mca are similar sales. ( pitch )

Also Stocks and Bonds/ Venture Capital/ Syndication = the same $$...Also, a similar pitch if you solicit $$ from strangers from leads over the phone.*** As a licensed stockbroker/investment bankker.. accredited investor/ hedge fund, ***

The pitch is similar. Underwriting/ Risk assessment the same, just tighten and squeeze then release as the markets cycle.

And thanks Pop..send me info on your leads...pm ( i looked at your old posts)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-07-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

For UCCs, I use the opening line: "Good morning, my name is ______ from XYZ Capital. Our records indicate that you applied for business financing in the past. Did you receive the amount you were looking for?"

From there, the merchant can only respond a handful of ways: 1) "I'm all set", 2) "I never applied for financing", 3) "I'm not interested" , 4) "What are your rates?", etc.
    Have a prepared answer for each response (preferably in a cheat sheet in front of you) and take it from there. Just keep it simple. No need to overthink it.

The challenge is to get a few buying signals after your first line. Then you can work hard to hook him.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 06-11-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Karen37a
    edit
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-16-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Karen37a
    edit
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-16-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Sorry, was unable to comment for a bit. Thank you guys for commenting tho, much appreciated

@Karen can I also pm you for some advice? I am new to the industry and looking for guidance. I'm more then willing to do the work. just need some guidance. I created a script but of course would like some critic if possible. thank you.

Karen37a
    IGC Yes

Karen, you still around? If so pls message me what you get the chance. Just have a few question regarding some sales tactics i'd like to run past you for those UCC's. We started to go over it a while back but I took off overseas for a bit and i'm about to open another shop so wanted to run a few things past ya if possible

Why can’t I reach Karen? Is she no longer on this forum?

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix1 View Post
    She left the forum months ago.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

reach out to her on LinkedIn , she posts all the time

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

The charges related to mass murder were reduced to involuntary manslaughter. She was supposed to be released in January but lost all her good time. Luckily for her, the guards protested saying she is making working life miserable for them, so they’re looking to release her in the coming weeks.