requirement of needing license
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 8384

requirement of needing license

how many of you are concerned with the fact that other states one by on one are are following the CA requirement of needing to be licensed as broker or even lead generator ?

Then again most 3rd and 4th tier lenders from brooklyn or mittown fund anyways regardless licensed or not. What are the california regulators gonna do, raid a brooklyn chop shop? Or ask the supreme court to freeze the advancing company banks statemint?

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

Regulation is going to get pushed mostly cause of the factor rates too high..45 cents plus on a dollar

this is more a long term picture for me. it makes a difference to me if eventually all sates will require licenses as i'm investing alot on a online presence and never even thought about potentially investing or being required to be licensed in every state
    just wondering how that is going to play out ..
    in regards to supreme court freezing ... how about more simply not being able to freeze the merchants account because your COJ is not worth anything in CA if not licensed. ( i'm assuming that could be the case) but again i don't know much on how the COJ actually works now for those not licensed in CA

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shieldfunding View Post
    how many of you are concerned with the fact that other states one by on one are are following the CA requirement of needing to be licensed as broker or even lead generator ?

lead generators need to be licensed in Vermont these days now too.

so i need to tell google not to show my site to search inquiries from people looking in Vermont ? lol . big brother really likes to make things difficult QUOTE=sean bash;72715]lead generators need to be licensed in Vermont these days now too.[/QUOTE]

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by TimeSquareConsulting View Post
    Then again most 3rd and 4th tier lenders from brooklyn or mittown fund anyways regardless licensed or not. What are the california regulators gonna do, raid a brooklyn chop shop? Or ask the supreme court to freeze the advancing company banks statemint?
    What it means is: if you want to place a 'loan' within CA the lender is barred from paying you a commission. And if you want a top tier 'advance' from a company like Rapid and SFS then you're locked out.

there are alot of other top tiered lenders that don't require you to be licensed. BFS , national funding, Rapid Capital funding the list goes on i personally fund alot of CA deal with a lender i don't see mentioned on daily funder .. my concern is not where to place deals my concern is advertising. when your # 1 on google for certain keywords and hopefully pretty soon all of them than this whole licensing thing can become very problematic .. but already working on getting it, someone gave a good referral "Liz Ritzik "
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    What it means is: if you want to place a 'loan' within CA the lender is barred from paying you a commission. And if you want a top tier 'advance' from a company like Rapid and SFS then you're locked out.

Quote Originally Posted by shieldfunding View Post

This is exactly how the insurance industry operates. I previously worked for a large, CA based Firm and held a P&C and Life and Health License. We were required to pay a fee in order to conduct business in states outside of where we were initially licensed. This will most likely be the case in the finance world as well, if the trend continues.