Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 203054

Tax Payment plan approvals

Does anyone know a way to get an tax lien payment plan approval expedited, I know there was someone on here that used to post about it but I can not find them anymore.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by Sachip24 View Post
    Does anyone know a way to get an tax lien payment plan approval expedited, I know there was someone on here that used to post about it but I can not find them anymore.
    Expedition and the IRS are not synonymous in any way, shape,or form.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99210 ridextreme's Avatar

Not at all. First, they need to have all their past paperwork filed with the IRS. Then, they need to come to a conclusion how much is owed. Then, they can request a payment arrangement and they get a response by mail, all of which could take months.

Furthermore, most lenders would like to see payment history on the payment plan (proof that he's actually making the payments).

There is no particular short cut to working out a payment arrangement with the Revenue Officer involved. Your posting this on Daily Funder, because your client needs proof of a payment plan to move forward with a funding? Or?

If it's the former, there are direct funders who don't require a payment plan be in place before funding-

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Cooper View Post
    There is no particular short cut to working out a payment arrangement with the Revenue Officer involved. Your posting this on Daily Funder, because your client needs proof of a payment plan to move forward with a funding? Or?

If it's the former, there are direct funders who don't require a payment plan be in place before funding-

He has been waiting for them to approve his repayment plan for almost 3 months now. He has been paying them 3k a month for over 8 months already. His tax lien amount is the most I have ever seen, with that being said I just wanted to know if the company that used to post here that was able to get payment plans approved in 48hrs was still around and legit or not.

Veteran Reputation points: 134971 Chambo's Avatar

He has been waiting for them to approve his repayment plan for almost 3 months now. He has been paying them 3k a month for over 8 months already. His tax lien amount is the most I have ever seen, with that being said I just wanted to know if the company that used to post here that was able to get payment plans approved in 48hrs was still around and legit or not.
    I'm guessing the merchant owes what? a million? More?

NOBODY is going to fund that deal without an iron clad plan in place. The IRS could come in and levy that account at any time without warning

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

Have you pulled their tax transcripts? If not, you can get an 8821 turned around in day or two. This will show you if the IRS has entered the plan and just hasn't sent the confirmation, if the payments have been applied to the account, etc.. Maybe the IRS filed an intent to levy and the lender is concerned the account is about to get frozen or the wire/ACH intercepted and applied to the lien balance. (Yes, this happens.) If the borrower is sending $3k a month for 8 months and the money hasn't been returned or applied, then you have other issues to be concerned about too. The 8821 answers a LOT of open questions.

If borrower has submitted the executed lien payment plan and is performing as agreed under the plan, why is a formal approval necessary? Is it because of the amount? Is the lender concerned that $3k a month isn't sufficient given the size of the lien? The IRS will generally accept whatever payment plan is proposed so long as it puts the borrower on a reasonable path towards extinguishing the debt. There are of course always other factors (poor credit, other liens, etc.) that might cause UW to want more proof that the performance is acceptable. Does the borrower have a history of incurring liens or just the big one you're dealing with now?

When you come across roadblocks like this from an UW it is helpful to think about why the UW is wants this particular document. That way you can work to mitigate the concerns a document solves for without said document.

Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    Have you pulled their tax transcripts? If not, you can get an 8821 turned around in day or two. This will show you if the IRS has entered the plan and just hasn't sent the confirmation, if the payments have been applied to the account, etc.. Maybe the IRS filed an intent to levy and the lender is concerned the account is about to get frozen or the wire/ACH intercepted and applied to the lien balance. (Yes, this happens.) If the borrower is sending $3k a month for 8 months and the money hasn't been returned or applied, then you have other issues to be concerned about too. The 8821 answers a LOT of open questions.

If borrower has submitted the executed lien payment plan and is performing as agreed under the plan, why is a formal approval necessary? Is it because of the amount? Is the lender concerned that $3k a month isn't sufficient given the size of the lien? The IRS will generally accept whatever payment plan is proposed so long as it puts the borrower on a reasonable path towards extinguishing the debt. There are of course always other factors (poor credit, other liens, etc.) that might cause UW to want more proof that the performance is acceptable. Does the borrower have a history of incurring liens or just the big one you're dealing with now?

When you come across roadblocks like this from an UW it is helpful to think about why the UW is wants this particular document. That way you can work to mitigate the concerns a document solves for without said document.
    Its a little less then 800k in liens. He is looking for over 750k to pay it off. I have not pulled tax transcripts but will take your advice on the 8821. Thank you CreditGuy, this was very helpful.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

Some lenders consider paying off tax liens an ineligible use of proceeds. Let's hope your lender isn't reading this board.