Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jotucker1983
    I'm still trying to figure out what type of "leads" are they?

- Businesses who never took out an advance, who are looking to acquire equipment, and you are going to sell them your advance product v.s. using leasing?

- Or, businesses who filled out a random internet form somewhere for "capital"? How many of these forms did they fill out? One? Ten? Twenty? Are these even generically qualified merchants or are they mostly start-ups? You know the start-up with the guy on the telephone saying, "John, if you guys have money, you would be stupid not to invest in this project me and my partner are starting up. It's the next big thing John! We already put $100,000 in and we just need you to put another $200,000 in and we are all set! Come on John, make it happen and we will all be rich!"

- Or, any type of random business that some guy with an accent called, and the business owner was "friendly enough" to answer some basic questions on his business (sales, TIB, etc.) but didn't explicitly state a present need for capital? And you have to call him and "sell him" on using capital right now, for a need he didn't explicitly state that he had?

Lol, I'm sorry but just when I hear that a company is providing a sales rep "leads" it's just never what is promoted. I understand that you guys say shops out of New York do this all of the time, but I have never seen a situation where a sales guy (non-retail) is fed inbound leads all day of decent quality, where all he needs to do is "close". I have never seen that. Either the leads are of low quality or low quantity, or both.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 11-30-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    I have never seen a situation where a sales guy (non-retail) is fed inbound leads all day of decent quality, where all he needs to do is "close". I have never seen that.
    This is the set up at all the major ISO shops in NY and the direct funders with inside sales teams. The ones that don't do this are the dialer-based operations.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

I need honest opinions on a job offer

Its definitely out there John. These organizations only provide the good leads to experienced, proven performers, and the newbies get the scraps. I've worked for one that was nothing but inbounds, and experienced guys were making (for their share) an average of 5-10K a month. Not a bad living.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    This is the set up at all the major ISO shops in NY and the direct funders with inside sales teams. The ones that don't do this are the dialer-based operations.
    This is almost true, one thing you'd amend is that the quality inbonds go to the top 30% of closers and everything else trickles down. But if one can prove himself in the trickle trough he is going to make some bucks.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

That's true. The Glengarry leads will always go to the top producers. It's the way of the sales world.