SEO and MCA
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

SEO and MCA

Quote Originally Posted by Finance1 View Post
    Not too hard to figure out huh? Lol

I was a 50% partner in a small broker/banker company. We funded about $10M/mo on our warehouse line until we got the letter from Nat City Bank saying "effective immediately"...

It was a disaster. Everybody was losing jobs and going out of business. Appraisers, title co's, realtors, home inspectors, mortgage guys, you name it. Never seen anything happen so fast. My ex partner is hanging on. Just a 2 man broker shop in a tiny office but he is making a living. I don't regret my decision to leave the industry at all. Not enough upside (if any).

Did you enjoy the meltdown as well?
    I wasn't in mortgages but I know what it's like to be in an industry that changes quick. I started in internet marketing and did seo,ppc, etc. for a variety of industries that eventually led up to mca. it seems like every year google changes something and all the tricks that made you rich last year don't work anymore. I gradually slid into become an mca iso and have pretty much been there ever since.

Watch for Google to end SEO as too many people are getting free traffic with organic SEO placements. They want everyone to PAY to Play....

Veteran Reputation points: 135660 Chambo's Avatar

ha! something like that

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

SEO is expensive just like PPC. The MCA space has a fairly easy success path due to the very limited # of search terms that drive traffic. That really helps with organic searching. Even with google shaking it up I would have to imagine that keeping up with SEO in the MCA space is a heck of a lot easier than many other industries. SEO and PPC are probably relatively similar in cost in our industry. Unlike other financial products like mortgage and banking. Good luck trying to compete with BoA, Wells, and the like.

unlike other financial products like mortgage and banking???? do some searches for business loans on google and you will see that the mca space is already competing with bank of america, wells fargo, and the like.

big banks are competing for the same keywords as mca companies

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

Quote Originally Posted by cashman View Post
    unlike other financial products like mortgage and banking???? do some searches for business loans on google and you will see that the mca space is already competing with bank of america, wells fargo, and the like.

big banks are competing for the same keywords as mca companies
    Business loans and other similar search terms are a complete waste of MCA ppc. I'm not going to give up any secrets but any cash company using business loan as a ppc term is just flushing money down the toilet. Been there done that. After taking in about a dozen apps for crap credit people who "have a great idea and just need a quick $20k in startup capital" I decided wells fargo can have them all. lol

This is an interesting subject.. I don't believe SEO is over by any stretch however I do think Google has there hand on the button. IMHO I believe that all the MCA lenders out there need to have multiple sources or buckets to draw from. I know that my clients are successful because they have multiple ways to market the business including them marketing with us (www.Lendio.com)

Member Reputation points: 35

and how does lendio gen leads?

Google just recently came out with a "disavow" tool to help people protect themselves against negative SEO or clean up whatever mess they made when doing black hat stuff:

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/googles-d...-a-deep-breath

Veteran Reputation points: 135660 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    an update to all this I found really interesting. According to seomoz.org, there's been like a hundred algorithm updates this year so far. No wonder people are down on it:
    http://www.seomoz.org/google-algorithm-change
    They are tyring to get folks to stop manipulating the system and make the listing as it was truly meant to be....the one that most accurately fits your search and is the accurate towards your search

Administrator Reputation points: 55342 admin's Avatar

and it's our job to convince google that we are the most accurate solution for merchants

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Relevant to the MCA SEOers out there:

Less people are searching for Merchant Cash Advance by name these days:
    mcagoog.jpg

http://www.google.com/trends/explore...ash+advance%22

I think all the products that have evolved from it have diluted the use of this term.

SEO vs PPC?? Some of the comments here make no sense at all. The only advantages PPC has over SEO is immediate results. PPC allows companies to generate business by simply paying. As for PPC being better? Id rather rank top 3 and not pay for clicks than paying upwards of 15$ a click for the keyword merchant cash advance. What happens is companies pay a **** ton of money to SEO firms and get no results other than a few videos and the who's who of social profiles. Then read a few black hat vs white hat articles and think they have it all figured out. What did MerchantCashInAdvance.com sell for? $75,000?? Where is it now?? LOLOLOLOL Great Investment they made.