Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WBL Funds $1,250,000 Business Loan!

We would like to congratulate Wayne Bybee and our recently acquired Frisco, TX branch for the funding of a $1.25 million collateralized business loan.

For any large collateralized loans please contact Chris Pepe at cpepe@wbl.com, and if you are interested in becoming a branch please contact Lenny Steigman at lsteigman@wbl.com.

Senior Member Reputation points: 30475 Zach's Avatar

in case anyone doesn't understand the gravity of this deal, Wayne is personally going to take home over 1MM from this transaction. Perks of being a branch...
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 1815

So commission on 1.25mm funding is 1mm?

Senior Member Reputation points: 23750

Sure about that $1m commission Zach?

It's actually about 3MM. Branch owners get a multiplier of the profit. He literally set himself up for life on one single deal. Brokering can never come close to the money he made from that single transaction.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

And yes, over the next 2 years he will make more than the funded amount from this transaction.
    Last edited by Zach; 04-19-2015 at 12:06 PM.

jotucker1983
    How can someone make over a million dollars in commission on funding a $1.25 million dollar loan? Let's say the factor rate is very high, at 1.65, that's $812,500 in borrowing costs that the merchant pays. Where would the one million dollar commission even come from? Is there a contract that requires the merchant to do at least three renewals at 1.65 with the same approval amount or something? And the guy gets paid an advanced commission amount of those three deals?

The branch managers make a multiplier on the net profits. If this deal was funded at a 1.6, there is ~$720K of revenue. Let's say his profits were 600K multiplied by a huge multiplier like 5. These aren't the exact mechanics, but regardless it's a massive commission.
    Last edited by Zach; 04-19-2015 at 12:10 PM.

If you would like to arrange a meeting and earn that type of money from one deal, I can gladly introduce.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 3217 CO1's Avatar

Why is this funding amount such a big deal? There are transactions that happen much bigger than this on a daily basis from mutiple companies. Ok. Maybe the comm. but as you can see there's kinks.

LOL! 1M in commissions

Senior Member Reputation points: 1815

We have a very large bridge that spans from Brooklyn to Manhattan that is for sale as well.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    The branch managers make a multiplier on the net profits. If this deal was funded at a 1.6, there is ~$720K of revenue, times a huge multiplier of lets say 5x, that is ~3.5MM. After branch expenses, etc you should at least make 3MM... Unless you are horrid at managing expenses
    Zach,

I have been meaning to speak with WBL to learn more about this program, I was curious as to how they would acquire a broker shop if it had no assets, and now I'm really curious as to how they can pay 5 times the amount of cost on a deal? So if the deal was put at 1.60, which is $750,000 WBL collects in borrowing cost revenue from the merchant, they are going to pay me 3 - 5 times that $750k amount? How can they do something like that if they aren't making that amount from the merchant?

It makes no sense, but like I said I have been meaning to speak with WBL about this program so I will make sure to do it next week.

Jotucker, I have seen your posts lately and you seem like you not only know the space, but understand it at a higher level than most. Respect given.

Per my agreement with WBL I can't go into complete detail, however I assure you that despite them paying out far more than even the funded volume on this deal, it makes sense from a long-term perspective.

I recommend to reach out to Ronald Phillips (rphillips@wbl.com) as well as Lenny Steigman (lsteigman@wbl.com), who can clarify the mechanics behind this deal for you.

Also, feel free to call or email me anytime.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

jotucker1983
    Zach,

Got it, yes, I'm going to reach out to them here next week. I have been meaning to do it but have just been running out of time.

This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen on this App/forum. Everyone on this thread is now dumber having read this ....to Zach and WBL - I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul

Senior Member Reputation points: 16709

Something does not sit right with this thread and to publicly announce your company branch made over 1M on a 1.25M dollar secured advance is suspect.
    I am sure this thread will be removed shortly..

Quote Originally Posted by getlikwid247 View Post
    This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen on this App/forum. Everyone on this thread is now dumber having read this ....to Zach and WBL - I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul

Kutty has been offering 125% residuals why is this so surprising

[QUOTE=omegafund;22009]Something does not sit right with this thread and to publicly announce your company branch made over 1M on a 1.25M dollar secured advance is suspect.
    I am sure this thread will be removed shortly..

Omega, unfortunately for me, it wasn't my branch that closed this deal. I would certainly be a happy camper if I did!
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    And yes, over the next 2 years he will make more than the funded amount from this transaction.
    These types of comments are patently ridiculous.

There is some significant misinformation and conjecture on this thread. Last Friday, our newly acquired Frisco, TX branch funded a $1.25 million loan, at a 1.20 factor rate. The confusion seems to be related to the value of that loan to our new Frisco branch manager. In fact, our acquisition program delivers a MULTIPLE of net income to the acquired manager. Anyone who would like the details of our program may contact me:

Ronald Phillips
    rphillips@wbl.com
    (212) 271-8263

is the multiple paid in cash? How is this humanly possible

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

No wonder some ISOs are flocking to WBL. These pipe dreams are irresistible to people who don't know how to do basic math.

jotucker1983
    I spoke with Lenny at WBL this morning, great conversation, I promised Lenny I would update this thread so I wanted to make sure I did that here before I take off for the day lol.

I'm not sure if my buddy Zach above really laid out the program with a clear display lol, but it's more of a restructured partnership, rather than a true "acquisition" as to acquire a business it would mean that the business has real assets to be sold. Instead, this is more of a restructured partnership, where WBL comes in as a more knowledgeable and resourceful partner and helps the owner of that small broker office with business acumen that he/she doesn't have.

It gives a small broker office additional business tools that might help them become a larger broker office, including capital resources, legal resources, allowing them to use a more established name (WBL), human resources, etc., while at the same time allowing them to make "syndication like profits" with deals they fund directly with WBL.

I don't think there's any harm nor foul with more of you guys here speaking with WBL about the program, you might feel that it can work for you in your transitional growth phase.

Me personally, I believe that if a small broker office wants to become a larger one, they should increase their personal level of business acumen and conduct the procedures on their own. A true business professional should be able to find his own accounting/legal professional resources, human resources, market research resources, commercial property resources, along with debt and/or equity capital resources to take his business wherever his vision decides. But that's just my opinion.

Some of us have a vision to be a firm with 10 - 100 employees grossing millions a year in revenue.

On the other hand, some of us have a vision just to be a one man show (like myself) with very low operating costs, grossing in the $75k - $150k a year range because it provides more freedom and less stress once you have a large enough portfolio to live off renewals/residuals, and you manage all other aspects of your finances greatly (various tax reduction procedures, living below your means in a good cost of living area, investing greatly to get good passive returns annually, not having kids you can't afford, and not having ex-spouses you can't afford).

But if that small broker office does not have a high quality level of business acumen, are looking to grow, and not sure about all of the resources needed to get there, then WBL brings a structured program that will provide a lot of assistance. You would just have to sit down with WBL and your Attorney to examine all of the legal terms and conditions, required production volumes, how they will share the earnings with you, etc.

Not a bad idea by WBL. The right structured deal could workout well for all parties involved.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 04-21-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Veteran Reputation points: 134971 Chambo's Avatar

We can all forget about this preposterous claim of 80% commission here. Zach needs to go back to the drawing board and learn the A-B-C's first.

I got it from the horses's mouth.

Million dollar deals pay 8 point to brokers, so Zach was off by a decimal point.