who else has WBL screwed lately ! - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    no WBL is suppose to pay the ISO directly...... But somehow they are finger pointing at this William Morrissey guy and MSG, I dont get it ! We dealt with WBL and no one else and there agent/employee always referenced themselves as a WBL employee and this forum is full of praise over them aquiring MSG... so Sachip no this is not normal. They should file theft charges on Rafael, Bill or whomever or sue them I dont know thats there problem...

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Maybe the rogue employee submitted the deal to WBL as an in-house submission. In that case he would receive the commission as a sales rep. Remember, he was a former Merchant Solutions employee so he was a rep. WBL probably never knew where that deal really came from. The rogue employee took his cut of the spoils and quit or was fired and left WBL to deal with the fallout.
    JJJDDD said they funded the deal at Can capital, If I had to guess probaly did it under the old iso (MSG) and WBL never knew it happened. Like we said earlier rogue employee and now WBL is left trying to clean up his mess. Problem for them is from what this sounds like they are going to be responsible..
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I would have never risked a 100K deal on a pop up lender. Should have gone straight to CAN.

Celifarco you are 100% on the money on what probably internally transpired ! I hope WBL goes after whomever if anyone has screwed them but we are screwed by WBL and a WBL employee ! Since WBL has decided to just point fingers we wanted to factually inform the industry of the happenings because allot of eat of this industry ! I also believe this is will go simple in court and ultimately pay us and pay all the attorneys fees because we arennt going anywhere. Maybe WBL under estimated us ! like i said 10k is allot of money to let anyone screw us out of

MCNetwork, we thought WBL was one of the good guys. We launched a national marketing campaing in January and we are receiving hundreds of leads a week. They are all Clean deals we are sending out, we have decided to deal with the companies with stellar reputations. We are approved directly through CAN , we didnt need wbl to go to Can , we had no idea it was can till the end. We never expected this to happen, and when it did we expected WBL to make it right. Which originally they said they would and then they just went ghost !

Ok I hope things work out for you bro.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

Cresthill Capital has over 800 ISO's on board and I am known as a big time schmoozer with my ISO's and I sometimes hear a lot of complaints about other funding houses and WBL is never one of them. I have never heard anything negative about them.
    Last edited by mcaguru; 03-31-2015 at 02:37 PM.

mcaguru thats why we did business with them. But everything we have written on here is factual. No one gives clear answers at WBL? Maybe its there recent aquisitions that have messed things up i dont know ! But someone is steering the ship at WBL? who is it make it right ! clean up your house its simple

Quote Originally Posted by jjjddd View Post
    mcaguru thats why we did business with them. But everything we have written on here is factual. No one gives clear answers at WBL? Maybe its there recent aquisitions that have messed things up i dont know ! But someone is steering the ship at WBL? who is it make it right ! clean up your house its simple
    From what I have heard, the offices are free to sign up with any funder out there whether it be can capital or whoever and wbl collects a percentage of the revenue from that office. Wbl isn't funding a lot of those deals. In addition, can capital has many ISos sending them business in general on these fixed loan programs. Companies like can capital, on deck, mcc, business financial services, etc receive a ton of deals from ISos everyday and if you are going through an ISo chances are your deal is heading to one or all of these companies along with many more. Your getting a commission from a commission essentially.

I would have your attorney read the ISo agreement you signed and proceed how he advises.

Attorney looked at it we will file suit shortly !

jotucker1983
    Yes, boy this is something. You have to already go through hell on the marketing side to win over merchants and bring in new applications, then you have to go through hell on the partner side to get paid what you are due.

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

I just love how WBL is usually all over this forum and when someone comes on here and has what sounds like is a legitimate complaint they are nowhere to be found. Same goes for all those people that knew Billy for so long and was praising his transaction. I dont do business with either one, but this just stinks of what I've always considered the underbelly of this industry.

Quote Originally Posted by funding pro View Post
    I just love how WBL is usually all over this forum and when someone comes on here and has what sounds like is a legitimate complaint they are nowhere to be found. Same goes for all those people that knew Billy for so long and was praising his transaction. I dont do business with either one, but this just stinks of what I've always considered the underbelly of this industry.
    Keep in mind the ETA is getting under way in Sanfran....

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Keep in mind the ETA is getting under way in Sanfran....
    he has a point a lot of people who would normally be sitting in front of their computers seeing these comments are on planes or checking into hotels rather then following this
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Don't know about the others but even when I'm traveling I always tune in to the Funder so I don't miss any gossip

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

I wonder how many WBL people are now at the conference, so they aren't even seeing the comments? And yeah, usually you see their reps all over the place, but today, where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Don't know about the others but even when I'm traveling I always tune in to the Funder so I don't miss any gossip
    God forbid !! hehe

who else has WBL screwed lately !

Sorry guys, you were correct in saying we were en route to ETA. All of this is news to me, as that is a different group within the company.

For everyone who works with us on a regular basis you know this is not how we operate.

I will try and find out what I can to report back.

for the record i don't know what CpepeWBL means by a different group within the company but we have put on notice and sent emails directly to everyone we believe should have knowledge of this, here is the list:
    kbrecker@wbl.com
    aweundling@wbl.com
    agemici@wbl.com
    dnaidus@wbl.com
    rgula@wbl.com
    depstein@wbl.com
    epratt@wbl.com
    rpardes@wbl.com

let me know if im missing some one from the right group ? maybe thats the problem im talking to the wrong group

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

(sigh)....

That pretty much covers everyone who's anyone over there

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

after reading through all of this.....sounds to me like the rep at the former Merchant Solutions took the deal as his own, got it funded (where is irrelevant), took the commission, bolted. This rep was a former rep for Billy at the old company, so WBL is going to point at Billy about it. My guess is Billy knows nothing about any of this, just like Pepe didn't.

Also sounds like a lot of speculation about how things work when you are a sub ISO, who works where, who know s what NY is doing vs. FL vs. TX....

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    after reading through all of this.....sounds to me like the rep at the former Merchant Solutions took the deal as his own, got it funded (where is irrelevant), took the commission, bolted. This rep was a former rep for Billy at the old company, so WBL is going to point at Billy about it. My guess is Billy knows nothing about any of this, just like Pepe didn't.

Also sounds like a lot of speculation about how things work when you are a sub ISO, who works where, who know s what NY is doing vs. FL vs. TX....
    Chambo I would say you hit it dead on.. Everyone is looking at everyone else trying to figure out what happened and whos fault it is. Problem is if they are working under the WBL umbrella the buck stops with them and it is their problem to fix
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post

Could be, but in the guy's defense, how is that any of his fault if he signed an ISO agreement with WBL and sends the deal to a WBL email address. Doesn't mean they condone this behavior or even knew about it but doesn't clear them of being liable.

EDIT: What John said...
    Last edited by funding pro; 03-31-2015 at 04:50 PM.

i dont know who this rep worked for i know the rep i dealt with Rafael Salifu referenced himself as a WBL employee his tittle in his emails read WBL and his email was a @wbl.com email. So i dont know if billy knows, pepe knoes or anybody knows. What i do know is under the pretext of doing business with WBL we where induced to send a 100k deal which funded and we where promised a 10 percent commission. WBL's original position is we will make it right then some Gary guy (i dont know last name) says we are going to sue billy and you are up in the air essentially...... I dont think so !!!!!!!!!! Our attorney made it clear to us today and the Law is clear you are responsible for your agents actions and it is clear Rafael is and or was an agent/employee for WBL.... We have never done business with Billy only WBL... So chambo i think your off on your position. WBL should make it right ! arent so big and bad buying all these brokerage houses around, well with growth comes responsibility for your growth so if they acquired garbage they are responsible for that garbage